E-commerce site with printable vouchers in blocs?

Hello everyone!

Has anyone here ever set up an e-commerce site with printable vouchers in blocs?

I would be really grateful for a few tips :wink:

Hey, @Phil.

Iā€™m sure this will help you.

3 Likes

Canā€™t we be better people than posting ā€œlet me google that for you?ā€ links?
It was a perfectly reasonable question asking people here if they had any advice and had done this themselves.

2 Likes

Hello, @pauland.

Upon careful examination, you would have observed that I altered the inquiry within ā€˜let me google thatā€™ to yield more pertinent outcomes. By perusing the available options, you would have discovered that Ecwid presents an efficient means of vending vouchers, as it is an e-commerce platform that has been repeatedly mentioned within this forum. Additionally, a variety of specialized service providers can be found.

We would highly appreciate your valuable input in this discussion by sharing your own voucher solution with the community.

2 Likes

:thinking: Just an outsider looking :eyes: in point of view follows.

But too some it comes across as a somewhat cheeky approach, or generally could be considered condescending or rude, etc., verse just supplying an actual Google search query link.

I suppose especially if itā€™s a persons first encounter with LM(F)GTFY when seeking help. Of course sure itā€™s fun to do (most have done it) but maybe not always on the receiving end of it ā€“ something to think about.

Here is one decade old example flame war discussing said debate. I get both sides of it, though it is probably more polite to error on the side of politeness if one is earnestly seeking to assist others.

I havenā€™t, but I believe the paid for version of Ecwid supports vouchers.
Not exactly printable, but you get the receipt from them.
I havenā€™t looked into it, but it might be worth having a look at their site to see exactly what it is they do.
Ecwid is pretty easy to incorporate into Blocs.

For those answering @Jerry , heā€™s one of the most helpful people on the forum, and sometimes a sense of humour doesnā€™t come across via a written comment.
Look at how many arguments are caused over a misconstrued text!

1 Like

Hi @Jerry ,

ā€˜let me google thatā€™ is not a great way to help users - it implies that people could find out the info themselves - not the friendliest approach.

I think Phil was looking for any personal experience of blocsapp users in the forum rather than generic info, but Iā€™m sure your link is useful.

My experience of vouchers has no relevance to using ā€˜let me google thatā€™ and the tone of your question to me is really not in tune with the friendliness of this forum.

Letā€™s draw a line under this, I made my point and I hope we wonā€™t see ā€˜let me google thatā€™ being used on the forum again.

2 Likes

Ecwid does offer some sort of voucher; but it is digital. Customers who buy a gift card/voucher get a code.
But it is of course possible to print that code on a voucher. I would suggest contacting Ecwid with the question if you can generate your own code, so you can print vouchers in advanceā€¦

4 Likes

Hahaā€¦ The joke is getting old. I will definitely answer your next forum question with something more up-to-date like: ā€œlet me chat gpt that for youā€. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Woo Commerce is too complex for someone who likes to build their pages in blocs without any code knowledge.

I had considered Ecwid and paypal buttons, but couldnā€™t find any information about my needs about them.

But itā€™s probably not that easyā€¦ Saving a designed PDF with a consecutive number as a digital download.

Of course there are some third-party voucher providers that I have already integrated via html-bric. However, the running costs are too high for my current project.

I almost started thinking that there were only grumpy old men :older_man: left on this forum. Fortunately, that is not the case :sweat_smile:.
Do you have plans to sell your vouchers or will they be available for free download on your website?

Just let me know as vouchers might have entered the next Sunday Skill Booster ! :tada: :partying_face: :dancing_women:. People with a sense of humour are always +1 :+1:

Iā€™ll try to get something going using jsPDF Autotable. And for the emoji-fying of posts, Iā€™ll pass the blame on to TextPal." :innocent:

1 Like

No chance. @Jerry IS ChatGTP :nerd_face:

Only better :smile:

2 Likes