Ecommerce. I need advice

:joy: (voice down :laughing:)

When you get it up and running donā€™t forget how much fun you can have with Tab Anything Pro. You can make some very sophisticated shopping experiences!

1 Like

:grin: Yeah, Iā€™ll need to extend my offering for that. Currently only carrots on promo. :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: @Whittfield i had plans to do that when I saw reflow come out the other week. Custom Bric. Iā€™ll just take a royalty cut then. :joy:

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thatā€™s awesome! Itā€™s fine to both take a swipe at it @PeteSharp :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

But really, jokes aside, I canā€™t expect people to lay off products because Iā€™m working on one or have it written in my notepad. At some point products are going to overlap, itā€™s inevitable.

This is my gig now, so I have nearly 10 different items of various complexities in various stages of development. That alone makes it hard to pay attention to what other people are working on. :man_shrugging:t5:

3 Likes

All good my friend. I was waiting actually for 2 things, I have some other projects on the roll like you, and also a few extras that are still to come with reflow based on what the dev has said.

And you are right, itā€™s very natural for Brics to overlap, the differences will be very good for the blocs community.

5 Likes

Iā€™m glad you agree, :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: good luck with your upcoming release btwā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m a huge fan of Ecwid - but open to all other options.

What I love about Ecwid is my clients find it easy to take control and I feel confident with its huge user base that it will be supported and around a long long time giving my customers confidence to expand and grow.

I think the costs of Ecwid are so so cheap.

Free worries me.

1 Like

Hi Jerry, Have you been able to integrate reflow on your ecommerce site? I have a few questions. Do customers who buy on your site have to create a profile on your site to track your orders?

Yes, and it works pretty sweet. However, implementing is not as easy as simply adding a custom Bric.

Good news
Do customers who buy on your site have to create a profile on your site to track your orders?

All possibilities of Reflow can be found on their website. Keep in mind itā€™s a basic store option in development as new features are added frequently. Itā€™s not a free equivalent of Ecwid.

The problem with ecwid is that itā€™s only free if you have 10 products to sell. Beyond that itā€™s not free

Hi @Jerry,
I think you are the only person in the BLOC community who has integrated reflow on one of your sites. I would like to know if the translation file could be set up or does the site have to be hosted for it to work? Because in local it is not taken into account so I have a doubt on my way and I tested all the possibilities :smiley: And nothing works

Thatā€™s not correct as Iā€™m aware there are a few more :upside_down_face:. One of them is developing a Bric for this as well. Reflow got a Major upgrade to V2 not long ago which I have not tried yet. If not mistaken the upgrade boosts lots of new features and easier implementation. Iā€™ll have a look when time.

HI @Jerry ,
Nothing pejorative compared to the other developers but just that you are the only one to show up, advise and test. Yes there is @Whittfield who was supposed to develop a bric for Reflow since November 2021 :smiley: I waited and now I canā€™t wait anymore Iā€™m 6 months late so I have to move forward or I have to pay back the client :D. @Whittfield has a lot of work to do and I donā€™t blame him at all, he helps the community a lot.

All the localisation info is found on the reflow docs including local server testing.

If itā€™s not working check the console in the browser tools for errors.

Hi @Alpha why not just go with Ecwid? its tried and tested and I have set this up on a few websites now - mainly in private organisations selling within their company and they have took full control on it and even upgraded their package themselves as the amount they are selling is HUGE.

Like all things the had a slight learning curve, but now they are selling like crazy.

The support from Ecwid is amazing too.

1 Like

I havenā€™t yet used Ecwid directly with Blocs, but I did use the WordPress plugin on a site where the theme was created in Blocs. Ecwid made it all fairly easy and the cart setup covers a lot of bases. Itā€™s free for l0 items or less, as long as they are not digital I believe.

yeah - its really simple, and basic too - which ticks a lot of boxes.

The cost to me is so so cheap if running a business based on sales I am sure its around Ā£12.50 my one client pays and they have a huge turn over, even they say to me they feel they should be paying 10 times this amount.

And if Ā£12.50 a month is too expensive for over 10 items for a shop front then I would find another business.

Allow me to introduce you to some typical clients in Cornwallā€¦

3 Likes