Ecommerce question

Be gentle with me.
I haven’t tested this live yet - because I’m frightened something will blow up! but here goes.
I’m integrating Ecommerce buttons into my pet portrait site so people can pay a deposit or the full balance if they wish. I have an account all set up with Stripe, and have the public code.
So as you can gather, there are no products involved on the Stripe side of things, people are purely paying for a service yet to come (either by commissioning the painting, or paying the balance before delivery).
In Blocs I have 2 payment buttons - one for deposit, one for balance, my Stripe key is plugged in, I have a thank you and sorry page for payment or cancelled/unable to carry out transaction.
The interactions settings are as follows:

Should it work with price ID and quantity settings as they are (art-deposit or art-balance), or do I have to have something on Stripe to make things happen?
Apologies if this is a complete dumbo question, it’s the first time for using Stripe. I’ve previously only used Ecwid and physical goods for a client.
Thanks all.

Hi @TrevReav - did you get Stripe working?

I am looking for examples for future ideas. One Idea I have is just to use Ecwid still - but want to see my options with Stripe.

Also if anyone has any examples of using the latest Ecommerce integration within Blocs that will be great.

I am looking for future projects and ideas - thanks all.

1 Like

Hi @AdieJAM, I did - but in conjunction with Ecwid.
As things are just starting up properly for me, I wanted to keep costs down, so I’m using the free Ecwid account and using vouchers of different amounts, then just using Stripe to take the payments.
Get their code once you’ve signed up, add that into your blocs page payment setup, and your off!
I’ve done a couple of self-transactions, and it all works very smoothly.
Feel free to have a look here, not the most elegant of solutions, but the cheapest for me for now:
https://www.trevreav.co.uk/shop/

Best of luck.

1 Like

Hi AdieJam,

I’ve started moving our stores from Shopify to Ecwid + Stripe, I just use the embed code from their dashboard. It’s a little slow to load initially, but customers seem to like the layout and are happy to buy with ecwid/stripe.

2 Likes

Thanks @TrevReav & @DaveC

Great examples of using Ecwid. I do like how it works and something I do want to start pushing with future clients.

I had a quick look at it a few weeks ago, but in depth - if I had a client who had as an example selling clothes, can I have HATS on one page, SHIRTS on another page? i would like to have dedicated pages for items in that category/item - I take it this is pretty standard in Ecwid?

Also regarding the payment, when setting up Ecwid, do i need to set up a Stripe account too, or can payments all be done within Ecwid and hopefully forwarded to my business bank account?

Thanks again.

1 Like

Hi @AdieJAM, I haven’t used Ecwid a lot, but I do believe you can have categories to separate out your products.
From what I can remember, you still need to set up some sort of payment gateway, the simplest being PayPal.
Stripe wasn’t difficult to set up though, and the fees aren’t too bad at all (I think 1.4% + 20p) for every UK transaction. Also, there’s an app for the phone where you can take payments with either a card number or scanning a card.
The help for both services is very good indeed - but not as good as the Blocs Forum!
:grinning:

Yes you can do that really quite easily, so far I’m finding Ecwid to be the easiest system to use and configure out of the box. The feedback from our customers suggest, the whole shopping experience seems to be better than Shopify or PayPal cart etc.

You can also drop the shopping cart straight into other websites really easily; which is something we are about to take advantage of.

1 Like