Ecwid users - advice needed!

Hi all,

I am working on a small site for a neighbour. He wants an eCommerce website and Ecwid ticks everything he needs and he is loving it.

I have the basis of the website done and ready to bring in elements of code from Ecwid over this week.

Here are some questions please:

1. I have 4 images on the home page which represent 4 main categories. I want to link them to categories on the shop page. From watching some videos, I am guessing I need to go the shop page open up the category I need and copy the URL into the image on the home page? on clicking this image - it will simple divert the user to the Shop page and open up that category…am i right?

2. I see the code to embed the shopping basket on in the nav bar, this is simple - but I have noticed there is a floating shopping basket icon on preview videos, i can not seem to find this? I guess a basket in the nav bar looks better though.

3. On the category menu - want to create this so its the same font and colour as the website, and would like the text in the centre. I see you can add code to change this - but for some reason whatever I do, does not change anything! Anyone have experience in this?

Thanks all.

1 Like

Hi @AdieJAM, it’s been a while since I’ve had anything to do with Categories - and it may have changed since then, but I’m pretty sure you copied the code from the overall shop and the categories just filtered through.

Don’t know about the basket, sorry.

The option to change the fonts, colours etc. is only applicable to paid versions, although there are some very basic colour settings in the free version which intelligently tries to emulate your site. Never exact, but a start.
If you’re on the paid version, then I’m not sure what’s going on with the styling, sorry.

Surprising the amount of posts I do which end up with an apology - probably shows how clueless I am!

1 Like

Hi @TrevReav, thanks for your reply.

Yeah - this is how it displays for the overall code (I hope!), shows the categories at the top - but what I am hoping to do is create something a little more appealing the the eye on another page - with an image showcasing that category.

I have also had the same idea for the bottom of the what of a What HOT! item, where the user can stick an item in the backend in ecwid into the Whats HOT category! and this items always shows up on the whats hot and I am thinking of using Volt for the user to add an image in for that if they want to.
Also a NEW IN STOCK area too.

Yeah it will be a paid version of the Ecwid in the end, I will get log in details for his Ecwid soon - but just wanted to prepare myself in advance!

Thanks again - really appreciate your time.

1 Like

Ah, in that case, I could see it working where you could have a category per page and construct the ‘appealing’ side of things in Blocs, then it might be possible to insert the Category code.

I think once you’re into the proper paid for bversion, you’ll find it opens up a few more possibilities to you.

It’s actually quite enjoyable to fiddle about with and see what can be done. Unfortunately, it’s about 10 years since I used the paid version, so things are slightly hazy.

All the best Adrian, looking forward to seeing how it turns out - and how many of your ideas I can nick!

1 Like

haha !..ill post it on here very soon !

1 Like

Yeah, you can do some neat stuff with Ecwid. Actually you don’t have to do anything as they will do it for you as part of you package purchased. I love my cool Navbar basket:
Kapture 2021-05-10 at 17.35.04