Export duplicating index, sitemap and css files

I’ve built four sites with Blocs and have a problem with one of them. When I export the site, the index files (php, clean urls) are duplicated; a number is added to the older version of the file and the most recent is simply named index.php. The css and sitemap files are also being duplicated.

I’ve checked and rechecked all the settings for the site, but can find no reason for the issue.

I’ve checked the forum and there is an ‘old’ thread relating to everything being duplicated. It suggested the site might be duplicated in the project assets. That isn’t the case for me.

Any ideas?

Have you tried exporting to a new location.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I haven’t tried that, though I guess it would work. However, I’d prefer not to have to choose a different location every time I export ( which I seem to do a lot).

Sorry not suggesting every time, just a test to see if it duplicates.

I have a feeling, although not 100% sure this can happen with iCloud drives. What OS version are you using out of curiosity?

I’m running Catalina 10.15.7, which I believe is the latest version. The main folder I export to is synced through iCloud, though the other three other sites are also there.

I’ll try changing the location later today.