Export Package feature just doesn't work

Itā€™s possible, how and where to send the zip?

Just DM me a direct download link from dropbox etc.

Oops, sorry, I donā€™t know what DM is and how to do thatā€¦

Direct Message

Click on my face and hit the message button

Message sent.

1 Like

Is it OK with you if I remove the file now, Norm?

Download completed??

Sorry its manic this morning. I just tried to download, could you please put the link live again.

Message sent, I hope the download worked nowā€¦

I have it and its working here in 3.4.6 so all of the new fixes I have done this morning have addressed the issues.

Iā€™ll get the beta out later today!

try this release :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will now :wink:

1 Like

All toes and fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

Thanks Norm, much betterā€¦

1 Like

Glad itā€™s working better now!!

Hi Norm,

have just tried 3.4.6 beta 1 and Iā€™m pleased to say that after doing a few export package test things seem to work just fine now! Since Iā€™ve havenā€™t been into the remote office I havenā€™t been able to fully test and redo exactly what I did a few days ago, but what I could test and did tonight is:

1. Opened a project located in User/schroeno-2020. Exported a package to an external drive: Ruby/schroeno-2020-meg-21-final-1.
    - Opened the project from the external drive and everything is there and behaving as it should!

2a. repeated the process with a different project, this time going in the other direction:
- opened a project on an external drive and saved a package to local drive. Here also everything s perfect!

As soon as I can I will try creating a package with the project in question at the remote office, save it to an external drive, bring the drive home and open it. I will first try opening it directly from the external drive and see if that works, and then copy the entire package to local drive and try that too.

So things are looking great! Major bugs discovered and fixed, awesome!

I know I can be a pain in the butt because I get frustrated (these last problems really caused me a lot of lost hours), but I want you to know that I really appreciate your hard work and patience. As I said in the forum several times, I am soooo sold on Blocs as a design and editing tool - with any lesser software I would have jumped ship a long time ago!

And I like to think that in some small way all my nagging helped Blocs to get just a little bit better! :slight_smile:

Take care - will let you know how the beta is working,
Gary

2 Likes

Yes heā€™s Da Man, working hard, listening, doing his best, and fast, great!.. in this case itā€™s just a few lines of magical code to make ā€œShow In Finderā€ point to the correct place :slight_smile: Give him just some hours or days and itā€™s probably fixed.

1 Like

No worries folks Iā€™m glad we got this fixed, under the current circumstances I think it was a priority!

Focus has shifted to stability over the past 3 months so I hope itā€™s starting to really show now.

Anyway thanks for all the feedback and help on the issue :+1:

1 Like

If I generate a package on external drive ā€œXā€ and copy the package folder to external drive ā€œYā€, (both connected to the same iMac) the assets are still missing in design view.

Will be glad to ZIP and provide the package folder to you if needed.

For the most part I have given up on using the package feature.

Yeah please send it over with details of the setup.

The results are so mixed, but many of the issues are actually caused by a number of underlying issues with how Mac OS allows assets to be loaded into the webview when hosted on external drives.

To be honest itā€™s a mine field and it turns into spaghetti really fast as assets need to be copied from drives to local drives in order to load them (due to OS security)

Most times you should find loading a package from the main Mac HD give you load as normal.

Have you tried creating a brand new project with a few assets in and running package and then loading between drives?

Iā€™m also convinced older projects that have been migrated through versions can also be more problematic.