Facebook and Twitter Cards redundancies

Twitter’s Meta tags use Names while Facebook’s use Properties. These can be combined into one meta tag. That way we don’t have to have these code blocks that all have the same content. That’s how I’ve done it for years before using Blocs. Now it’s a post process.

To save how many bytes?

2 Likes

Seriously? That’s your reply as a developer?

What happened to bettering apps? Isn’t that a thing anymore?

Seriously I don’t think it’s common practice to combine those.

2 Likes

No worries, I favour neat code and you don’t.
I’ll fix it myself in post. Just like with everything else in this app.

Hey, @frankjonen. Not sure why you don’t build your own app. You seem to be a cool chap who’s able to do so.

2 Likes

Because some of us have to work for a living and don’t have unlimited amounts of free time.

Awesome! and just like me :grinning:. And to be able to do so, I use the tools which help me to achieve this. Burning down an app is easy.

But, why bother using it as there are lots of other kids to play around the block. I can’t recall any app I used to be (pixel) perfect. The amount of apps on my computer has reduced significantly over the past years. Blocs is one of the apps I love and keep using. Guess why: because I have to work for a living. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Interesting that you’re so opposed to fixing issues with the tools you’re using.

Hey, @frankjonen. My father always kept reminding me: Don’t try to fix it when it’s not broken.

Topic closed from my side and have an awesome evening!

3 Likes