First 'big' site

I’m still pretty new to Blocs but very much enjoying it and have converted about 15 or so small brochure type sites from WordPress to Blocs over the last 2 to 3 months.

Have now converted one of my larger sites (150+ pages) - an art gallery/exhibition site, and thought it would be useful to comment on how that went. In terms of the software coping, no problem. It does require good organisation of pages - it was bit of a pain finding the right page to link to when adding page links - it would be nice if it was easier to change to order of the pages (rather than only being able to move them clumsily in the left hand panel (unless I’m missing an easy way). But that aside, I found it an enjoyable experience compared to WP. Most of the individual artist works pages have an ENQUIRE button which opens a form (using toggle visibility) - this was so much easier to do in Blocs than in WP.

https://cobboldandjudd.com

2 Likes

really lovely site, clean, simple, clear.

The enquire visibility works really nicely!

One suggestion would be to add ‘back’ button for navigating through pages that dig deeper into a specific artist or section of the website.

Got some odd site title there for the home page …

Thanks for spotting that Pumpkin! No idea how I managed to do that, now corrected.

Thanks Daniel - appreciate your comments and suggestion. Has been interesting reading about your own blocs journey!

2 Likes

…ah, yes, my ‘do it myself’ journey to make my own blocs website would not be possible without the excellent experienced folks on on this very excellent forum! I do my little part when I can, which also helps me stay up to speed with blocs since I’m not an everyday user. Best to you!

Love the style and design of the website nice work !!!