First website with Blocs

Hi,

my new website is almost finished now! I just have to add more photos into the galleries and duplicate the website (in English) as soon as I know that everything is working on the French version.

website

Let me know what you think, and if you find anything not working properly ! :wink:

Thank you to this forum and everyone who helped me on this project !

Chris

Hi Chris, very nice - good looking site. I havenā€™t looked at the whole site or tested any links yet, but the first thing I noticed (or didnā€™t notice) was your logo/name/watermark over the main hero shot. I think it needs to be a bit stronger, maybe with a slight outer shadow just to lift it a bit.
I realise the pictures change with each load, but I think it should work on all backgrounds, so a little stronger.
But yes, for a first site with Blocs - brilliant!

1 Like

Thank you Trevor for your feedback !
Some photos work better than others, Iā€™m still not sure on which one I am going to useā€¦ But yes, you are right ! I need to remove/change some of the photos, or change the color of the logo/name/watermark.

Excellently designed website. :smile:

1 Like

Very nice, congratulations!

1 Like

Very well done.

For my taste it has low contrast issues in places making it quite hard to read - very pale grey on white, and the same for some text on the hero image.

Iā€™d also like to see a lot less animation.

Unusually this site doesnā€™t have a menu pinned to the top of the page. On balance I guess it doesnā€™t matter too much on this site - scroll and explore.

Nice work.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback @pauland !

I had the menu pinned on top at first, but got rid of it as I didnā€™t like it.
Iā€™ve added a ā€œscroll to topā€ (menu) button instead, if people want to go back to the menu.

As you said, scroll & explore :wink:

1 Like