Font Selection limited

I have just started a new project and I am not able to select a typeface beyond Oswald in the drop-down menu over on the right. If I add a Google font above Oswald all is OK eg Actor. But anything afterward such as Poppy will not show. I have removed and reinstalled fonts and restarted Blocs on each occasion but no go.
All fonts show up in the Font manager as being present.
Existing projects seem to recognise fonts beyond Oswald - nevertheless they do not show in the drop-down selection
Is this unique to me? And can I choose fonts from anywhere else ?
Screenshot 2022-08-19 at 22.41.42

I’m not sure if it’s your case but for me, while I had to add fonts through the font manager to make them show in the final website, to actually be able to use them in Blocs I had to also install them in macos (via FontBook) like a regular font.

Could that be the case?

That is very unusual and you could certainly file a bug report. As an alternative suggestion I would always recommend using self hosted fonts instead and you can download these from Google. It’s just more reliable, faster loading and avoids potential GDPR issues as well.

Thanks for the reply but I am not sure that will resolve the issue.
I can add Google Fonts in the Font Manager but any font below Oswald alphabetically is not showing in the Type Settings drop-down menu in the Inspector nor in the drop-down menu in the Project Settings/Typography Tab. I have added Actor as a test and other font names alphabetically above Oswald and they are available for use. Below Oswald, such as Poppins, although taken in by the Font Manager, is not available in the Inspector nor in the Project Settings.
Maybe Oswald is blocking the others - I will try deleting him and see what happens.

I do mean to get my head around self hosted fonts Flashman for the reasons you say and this may speed me on. But I am just setting up a new project and spotted the problem when setting up the project file and asking for Poppins. I will file a bug report as you suggest

What you are seeing with the Google fonts is obviously not right and It’s hard to understand what is going on. If you need some help with the self hosted font set up I can try to help with that.

Problem resolved. Listed in Font Manager was a font name “Oswald&display=swap”.
Removing it opened the door to all fonts beyond Oswald.

Doubtless some undisciplined/hamfisted act by me pasting font code willy nilly.

Thanks for the offer of help with self hosting setup - I did look at a few sites which offered help including https://www.marketingtracer.com/seo/self-host-google-fonts. It is clearly the way to go and if I get stuck I will certainly take up your offer. But maybe you know of a good, staightfoward walk through of how to do it ?

Thanks for your responses meanwhile - Richard