For wish list

An addition that I would find useful is a means to view all the images in a carousel together. I have a few which I update by swapping in/out random images, so instead of having to select each image individually to remind me what’s already there, perhaps some kind of addition to the Asset Manager to show the images in a selected carousel would be very helpful.
Thanks in anticipation…

3 Likes

Just another thought. I’ve twice now wanted to be able to hide part of the nav bloc in the top global part of the page, just for a single page on the site, however hiding the elements I want to lose does so for all pages… Is is possible to have an option to be able to hide a bloc, or elements in a bloc in the global area to be shown or hidden on a per-page basis?
An example is to have a ‘splash screen’ bloc at the top of the global area (which scrolls up and out of view), followed below by the navbar, which is sticky. I’m looking to show the ‘splash screen’ bloc ONLY on the home page…

I’ve had a similar problem with the navigation. I wanted to have no logo on the home page only, on all other pages the logo is shown. I solved this by creating two navigation blocs with all the same styling. I then hid the global top are on the homepage after I copied the navigation bloc to the general content area below. I kept the global top area on all other pages.

Maybe something like that works for you too?

2 Likes

One way is too use some CSS on that page header and give it a style of “display:none”. It will only hide on the pages you place that css.

Or as above. Which is what I often do. Turn the top global area off on the landing page.

1 Like

Going to hijack this post, since I like the heading… :grinning:
One wish I have is to better manage images.
I am still learning Blocs, but being able to just access a folder would be lots easier than moving images back and forth into Asset Manager. I move at least 15 images daily and I can’t even tell Blocs to just “Replace all.” I have to click through each image.
I have to read the documentation on the Asset Manager, but it isn’t intuitive.

Must be a better way…

Rich

You mean like a way to link all assets from a folder on the Mac?

1 Like

Norm would it be too much to expect the Image Asset Manager to have a Zoom in / out feature, like the one Mac OS uses? It would be nice to be able enlarge the images. :smile:

1 Like

Now that you mention it… that sounds like a jolly good idea. Maybe even add an option to sync that folder each time you re-open the project, so the asset manager is always up to date? Or make that happen for hosted assets… ah well, one can dream :wink:

1 Like

That would be awesome. Especially if the Asset Manager had a folder structure from that synced folder as well. I rarely use the groups dropdown since it’s kinda tedious to keep everything organized in projects with lots of images.

Yes. It would be nice for those of us that change many images each day, to be able to click on an image in a page, and have it open up that folder on the Mac. From there I could easily choose another image.
To commit heresy, that is the way it worked in Dreamweaver 6.
So I could have a folder (my site is weather) for say “Rainfall” and lets say the graphic I already had in place showed a 60% chance of rain and I needed to change that to 80%. In that folder I would have ALL of the rainfall graphics, to choose from. I just double clicked the image on my page, and it opened the folder it was in and I could choose the 80% rainfall.
I realize (and I have) can put all of my rainfall graphics into a “page” in the asset manager, but that is tough to add things to, and sometimes it doesn’t stay open…lots more clicking. besides I have to keep switching between rainfall and sunshine groups. I have WAY too many to keep all in one grouping.
Like I said earlier, being able to change a group of graphics in one fell swoop is not possible in the Asset Manager. Or at least I have not discovered how. I have to keep pressing the “OK” button to allow it to overwrite the previous same named graphic. Did that 28 times today alone.
Not sure if any of this makes sense, but that part sure was easier (about the only thing) in that other web app.

Thanks for listening…

Rich

1 Like

Yes Hawkeye, it seems a bit counter-intuitive that Carousel images are NOT handled in the asset manager, per se. You have to drag an image to that image box. Then to view what is in a carousel, you have to drag the “Slide” bar in settings to each slide to see what is in there. Tough to remember for old guys like me!! :wink:
This could be improved as well.

1 Like
  1. find/replace from within Blocs. I currently have HUNDREDS of links I need to update, apparently with no way to do it from within Blocs. This is costing me time and money. :frowning:

2. Improved file management as detailed many times before. Sites with hundreds of pages are not sanely organizable/manageable as is today.

2 Likes