Full page carousel

Hello, I know that this is a very recurrent topic but I haven’t found any answers yet. I’d like to make something like

I think this is a quite modern web design, yet it has some problems when changing screen size but this is the way I’d like my website would look like. Is there a way to do that with blocs or is it better to go back to wordpress ?

Thanks a lot,

TONI SALA.

Not exactly the same but have you seen the custom bric Swiper? Archetypon

If you are adept with code you can achieve much the same using https://swiperjs.com

1 Like

Good call - I love the look of this Bric, but i would love it it if worked like a carousel in terms of loops and not hit a dead end, and I would love to add more content and buttons on it - not sure if you can do much more.

But I guess doing the slides in the right sizes, this can all be done in the traditional Blocs carousel with a lot of work.

Hello @tonisala as @Flashman said you can use Swiper, I create more or less what I think you need, hope this demo I create to you show the possibilities of Swiper:

https://blocs.pt/a_helpblocusers/@tonisala

I enabled the mouse wheel scroll…

1 Like

@Pealco, Impressive! :smile:

1 Like

swiper.js is really good. Lots of handy options.

1 Like

Thank you @Flashman , @AdieJAM , @PeteSharp and specially @Pealco for your demo, I think it’s worth to take a try with Swiper. Just a question before buying it: Is it possible to have the menu and logo on top of the page ? I’d like to have logo and menu ‘integrated’ in the pictures in the home page.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

hey @tonisala

Just to clarify, The Swiper Custom Bric uses swiper.js. Swiper does a great job, but check it suites your needs first. Other wise you can implement swiper.js yourself as @Pealco did, the documents are per Flashman’s link above.

Thank you @PeteSharp, I’ve seen this morning than swiper.js has many features and there are several lessons on youtube. I think it’s worth to have a look at swiper.js.

Thanks again.

1 Like

I like it, it is my main go to.

Hello @tonisala try the same link, now you see the menu “integrated” in pictures…

https://blocs.pt/a_helpblocusers/@tonisala

And is fully responsive…

Thank you @Pealco, this is what I wanted. I’ll probably buy swiper and I’ll have a look at swiper.js as well as it has much more possibilities. The only problem with swiper.js is the time needed to learn how to use it.

Thanks a lot !

Hello @Pealco,

Do I have to use a class to get the Swiper brick at full screen ? If so, could you be so kind to share the main adjustments ?

Thanks a lot,

TONI SALA.

Hello @tonisala there you have:

1st - Create a Structure 1 Column:

2nd - Add Swiper bric:

3rd - Click in the Bloc in Tree Menu:

4rd - In the Settings, in Padding Option change to “None” and in Width change to “<---->”;

5th - In the Tree select the “Row”:

6th - In the Settings, in Alignment Deselect the “Include Gutters”:

And Voila…

2 Likes

@Pealco I know this bric isn’t yours - but you are very knowledgeable with this bric as well as @PeteSharp so just wondering on some extras, I have not purchased this yet as it does not seem to have an option to have the images loop, is there a way to make this happen? I did do a work around (see below) but would like to try this if it can loop on transition or auto fade, hate sliding back to get back to 1st image.

One option I did which might also work for @tonisala is to create a slideshow in iMovie/final cut or any video software with some images and I created a Ken Burns effect on it, and then I added it as a background video. This left me with full options to add content in however way I wanted to over the video.

Thanks a lot @pealco but I have the same problem that I’ve had since I started building the web. I have a heading bloc with a logo and a menu and I’d like to have it ‘inside’ the pictures. I’d like the pictures as a full screen background and the logo/menu appear over the pictures. Is it not possible ? In your first demo it seemed to have done this way.

Thanks a lot @pealco and I’m sorry for the inconveniences.

1 Like

Thank you @AdieJAM for your option with iMovie. I had already thought in this possibility but I discarded because I think that video takes much longer to load than just pictures and, I’m not an expert, but I think that loading time is one of the parameters that penalizes SEO.

Kind regards.

1 Like

Hi Toni,
how did you made it, to have the menü over the carousel?
My website www.landhaus-fredenwalde.de is made with the normal carousel, but I also would like to have the carousel as a background for the menü.
Kind regards, Urs

Hello @Urs,

I have no idea on how to do that. This is what I asked for Pealco as he sent us a demo where the logo and menu were ‘embedded’ in the carousel. I hope he can give us a clue on how to do that.

Kind regards

Hello @tonisala and @Urs give me some minutes and I send my way of make that happens, probably then others users show a different way….

@AdieJAM let me see if I can do that….