Gallery, Lightbox and Carousel all rolled into one

I’ve been thinking about how I can do this:

It’s a carousel that automatically advances to the next photo. You can navigate with the arrow buttons, also. And below the photo are thumbnails that you can click on as well, with the photo being “loaded” into the main container.

So a carousel with thumbnails with lightbox. I don’t want it to launch in an overlay, though.

Kind of scratching my head as to how I could do this. Would any of the custom Brics like OWL Carousel, Swiper, or Swiffy help? @Lucas @Whittfield ?

Splide can do this for you.

The choices of this slider is pretty good. Maybe, I am missing something, I could not find a way to add a hyperlink to any of the images.

Just add: onclick()

If I knew what you did I would
I looked through this, but I see buttons, not a carousel or slider connection.

Just add as a custom attribute to the image of the slider.

Curious… does that mean to each images?
How would you do that for each image in the slider/carousel?

In the sidepanel you find “Custom Attribute”.
Make a new one.
Name: onclick
Value: location.href=‘https://yourUrl.com

That should do it.

2 Likes

Thank you :smile: That helps, since I just don’t know how to use code.
Can this Value point to any element or bookmark to another page?

Jerry knows such things.
I don’t. Sorry.

1 Like

location.href=‘yourpage.html’
Just fiddle around and try some things.

2 Likes

After a few espressos :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: this AM I recalled there’s a much easier way. Just add the images under the carousel and link them with a custom attribute to the image within the carousel itself.

Kapture 2022-08-12 at 08.09.05

The sample file is somewhere floating around on the forum. It’s in Bootstrap 4 and to convert to Bootstrap 5 just change data-target to data-bs-target.

1 Like

As per this thread :grin:

Someone has been searching in the catacombs of fort Blocs :rofl: It’s Friday afternoon and a long weekend over here. I’m off to my :coconut: :palm_tree: for some fancy :cocktail:

I’ve just finished work. It’s 9:15pm Friday night here. I’ve got a weekend of work planned. Starting at 7:30am :weary::joy::rofl:

Well deserved… :clock7: :alarm_clock: :sleeping:

Wondering what’s for dinner actually. The wife and daughter have gone out to watch a ballet. :thinking:

All the stuff your wife normally doesn’t serve you. :doughnut: :hamburger: :bagel: :taco: :beer: :beer:

1 Like

Love this!, I just made mine with my Rancilio machine, I got for Father’s day.
Thank you for making a visual, now it makes sense. :grinning:

Now got to get to my morning espresso time.