GDPR checkbox required for visualize social button

No. never. Quote please.

This from Wikipedia

Facebook is an American online social media and social networking service company based in Menlo Park, California.

I donā€™t understand why wrote for this for me?

You are referring to GDPR requirements for social media platforms. These platforms have their own terms, conditions and privacy policies which users agree to when they sign up. Therefore, itā€™s not your responsibility to get explicit consent from your site visitors if they chooses to use a link on your site to connect to their account in order to send like, dislikes or whatever else it is they do on these sites.

I got the impression from you later post that you didnā€™t think Facebook and Instagram were social media platforms, so I was just trying to explain that they are.

1 Like

@hendon52 That was @Wam.

Iā€™m talking about the GDPR privacy statement requirements.
I wrote these thread because this is a similar notification requirements by law.
And the subject is very similar, GDPR requirements.

I know Iā€™m not the only one. Others just leave in frustration. ā€œNo codingā€ā€¦yes you can build a site without touching the styling but it looks pretty awful.
Having a few more design Blocs and Brics are in the works according to Norm.

Adobe Muse support was very slow to respond and often when they did they came out with new features that only a few had asked for but screamed the loudest.

We had over 23 clients using Muse. Some very large companies for intrasites and testing others successfully as Branding sites. Hilton for one.

My friend in Florida has over a hundred sites. In many cases each of our clients had purchased the subscription to Adobe at our behest to have access to its apps. That hasnā€™t gone too well.:wink:

Hopefully Blocs will be more fleshed out with less code required.

Then we can retrain those customers how to use the app. Hang in a bit longer letā€™s see what Norm comes up with. So far Blocs has come a long way in what appears to be very quickly compared to Adobe anyway.:v:ļø
Sorry posted this in the wrong place

My mistake Ben, I now understand what you are saying. The fist thing you should do is create a cookie policy statement that is compliant with current legislation. you can do that at Cookie Policy Generator: Create your Cookies Policy. This would then be added as a page in your website. You should then visit Download Cookie Consent | Osano and create a cookie consent banner which will have a link to your policy page. Once youā€™ve done it, copy the small piece of code and paste it before the closing head tag in your site page. Itā€™s very simple to do and easy to implement.

I like Blocsapp. I created my website with this app. Totally alone.
Iā€™m talking about the new GDPR requirements. This requires some modification and completion to all EU users websites.
Iā€™m not alone and this is not my personal request.

Thank you @hendon52!

Iā€™dont want to create cookie policy. I would like to compliance the new GDPR requirements.

Now I know.
Not a popup window but a floating window. This is the right name.
Iā€™ve learned something today too. :slight_smile:

One of the key requirements of GDPR is that if your visitors are required to give explicit consent for anything, then you must have an updated policy statement that explains what users are consenting to. The link I posted will make a customised policy statement that can include just about everything you may require explicit consent for, including form submission, registration, sign-ups, site preferences, all the google services such as analytics and social media links. So, to be fully compliant and to keep your clientā€™s ass covered, a policy statement would be a sensible thing to have.

Thanks. Youā€™re right.
I hope @Norm, will built in to the Blocs.

Ben sorry for the frustration. But Iā€™m not familiar with the rule that states all websites need to have a popup on them to comply with GDPR. I havenā€™t seen a website yet with this.

GDPR is about processing and protecting a visitors data, ie when they email you or when they visit your site and you track them with analytics. They are not required to opt in to just land on a site as long as you donā€™t get info from them.

As I mentioned before, just switch your tracking analytics so the IP is not tracked and you are good to go.

1 Like

Ben sorry for the frustration. But Iā€™m not familiar with the rule that states all websites need to have a popup on them to comply with GDPR. I havenā€™t seen a website yet with this.

Yes, because 14 days left until GDPR applies.
Everyone is postponing, or donā€™t know.

GDPR is about processing and protecting a visitors data, ie when they email you or when they visit your site and you track them with analytics. They are not required to opt in to just land on a site as long as you donā€™t get info from them.

But information is mandatory.

Non-compliance
Your local Data Protection Authority monitors compliance; their work is coordinated at EU-level.
The cost of falling foul of the rules can be high.

As I mentioned before, just switch your tracking analytics so the IP is not tracked and you are good to go.

Thank you, Iā€™ll switch them.

@Norm Please, please built in a simple floating window for GDPR warning.
Thanks in advance!

Hi Ben,
youā€™re right: ā€œinformation is mandatoryā€ but the GDPR donā€™t explain how this can be done.
You should inform your customer (site visitors) how you elaborate the data you collect (like IP number, location and other data that automatically the browser an the server exchange respectively). Any mention or hint how this should be achieved is present in the GDPR rules.

I read that, this is the recommendation. Floating window with checkbox (maybe enough the ā€œOKā€ button).

Floating windows or footer (banner or text links) have the same value to comply with the GDPR.

No. I read that. Not enough on the footer.
I donā€™t want to argue with the law. I would do everything legally.

What do you mean by this? A users information on a standard Blocs site is not mandatory. The only issue you face is the IP data being transferred via to 3rd parties that would be in breach of GDPR. But like Iā€™ve mentioned before Google Analytics offer a work around to make the IP less accurate and Blocs now has the ability to use local web fonts so you no longer need to use Google fonts exclusively in Blocs sites.

Now with those two issues addressed what personally identifying data will a Blocs site store that would break the GDPR terms? Maybe someone contacts you via email, so you get their contact information via your site. Well you can now include a checkbox (2.5.3) on your contact forms that is required to be checked in order for the form to be send, you can explicitly state how you will handle their data when they sent it to you before they do.

Adding a popover to opt in on an entire site is not acceptable according to the GDPR rule book, it would need to state every way you plan on using the visitors information and have a checkbox for each item. But since Blocs creates static web sites without features like logins etc, you are literally creating a popover that A. does not meet the requirements of the GDPR and B. is pointless because your site is not storing personally identifying information unless its submitted by the user if you adjust analyticā€™s and donā€™t use Google fonts.

To be honest I recommend you read up on GDPR as Iā€™m not sure you fully understand how to comply with it. A simple popover on a page asking you to opt in is not the correct approach and would give you zero cover.

4 Likes

They have the same value becouse a floating window doesnā€™t block the data exchange between the browser and the server. You should build a page (floating or not) that doesnā€™t send any data to the server and this is very hard to achieve!

1 Like