GDPR Consent Popup

Folks I’m hoping to add a built in function to a display GDPR cookie consent popup for Blocs sites.

I’ve been hunting around and found a few this one looks like a decent one.

For those of you who have implemented your own, have you come across any good open source ones??

ihavecookies looks good!

That one looks fine. Settings to change all text and style label, text, link and button would be ideal.

I’ve used this one in some cases https://cookieconsent.insites.com/download/

We are using the same as @mr_xing

@Norm & Everyone Else,

I just got my new Sticky Alert running - It will be available for the community for FREE - just give me a couple days to get everything ready. It can be used as a consent form for GDPR or any kind of alert needs w/ 2 configurable buttons, can be attached to the top or bottom of the page & disappears when you click the close icon & of course lots of styling controls :slight_smile:

Here’s a sneak peak:

Bill
BricsDesign

I was just reading that GDPR does not apply to the European Commission itself, having exempted themselves for “legal reasons” from their own law, so I guess that is one way of not needing a popup or having to rebuild your websites.

What a joke!

Ha, that would be a big joke…
Where did you red that?
Personally I am getting more calm as I have learned that it´s again just a guideline - so every country copes differently.
E.G. The German cookie law was never implementet as it was in other contries.

Also the GDPR EU agreements with US-Shield should be considered…

“Another RUBBER law” great stuff for sharks to threaten poor website owners.

Anyhow, there is nothing wrong to work on a privacy policy - just to be on the safe side.

So far I’ve read it in the Daily Telegraph and the Daily Express, but both by chance. It’s not something I was searching for. The Telegraph article has more detail, but it’s behind a paywall. Here is the express article. https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/967585/gdpr-eu-personal-data-hack-leak-personal-data-brussels

"This bombshell revelation follows an “embarrassing” leak of personal details of hundreds of citizens by the European Commission.

This leak would normally constitute a breach of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) if other organisations had done it themselves.

However, a spokesman the commission said, based on “legal reasons”, European institutions are separate from the GDPR."

Great, Thanks for your efforts

Is this really the official EU website?
www.europa.eu

awesome work, when can we find this nice work to apply on our sites :slight_smile:

It’s available now on my site: Sticky Alert

I’m working on requested features & as soon as I can get this last difficult part figured out, I’ll be released a new version :wink:

Bill
BricsDesign