Global Swatches

Very often I find myself playing with a lot of colour options, including opacity variations. Some become irrelevant after a while, yet continue to clog up the colour swatches. It would be helpful if the most frequently used colours could automatically populate the first slots. That would make it easier to find them and also work out which ones can be safely deleted.

Also @Norm Any chance the name description could go before the colour codes in the side panel? Sometimes they are truncated and in any case generally more tangible than the colour codes.

2 Likes

I would like to expand this feature request by mentioning an amazingly simple yet critically important feature of SoftPress Freeway. When deleting a Swatch, Blocs should know if that Swatch is used anywhere in the document and if it is used, Blocs should ask us to choose a replacement Swatch! If the Swatch is not used, it should either be deleted immediately, or via an “are you sure?” confirmation dialog.

In other words, it’s flat out silly to delete a Swatch used throughout the document and NOT be given the power to replace it. It’s maddening, in fact. That’s why until now I’ve just left all the Swatch I never use in Global Swatches and just watch them grow and grow and grow.

Thanks.

Yes this is definitely an area that needs some attention. It could almost do with two categories. Colours in use and those that are not in use but retained for experimentation and possible future use with the ability to move them. At a certain point the second category could be deleted entirely.

I agree about being able to delete colours in use by mistake and perhaps that should require a second confirmation.

1 Like