Google fonts for menu....and more!

Hi all,

I did a post earlier, which I have taken off as i worked out where to find the google font codes.

But can someone help me with the following:

• I can not get my font to go into the menu, even with custom class, I can only get the fonts that ship with blocs to be able to be selected in the menu - i want a nice handwriting look to the menu.

• Font does not show when i am building the page, but it shows on preview - is there a way to get this visible on design like the typeface fonts?

• I have around 8 google fonts which id like to add fully into Blocs…be able to have them showing on design, and also be able to have them in the menu to keep the menu and headers unique to the sites paragraph font.

Thanks all !

You are doing something wrong. Have you seen the page on adding fonts? I always use self hosted fonts for various reasons and you can do that with Google fonts as well.

https://help.blocsapp.com/knowledge-base/font-manager/

1 Like

Hi ya,

Yeah I read that - I added them via the Google Font Manager, so i take it that does not work as well as self hosting them then.

It should work linking to Google, unless there is something particular in your setup. I just prefer self hosting them myself. Avoids GDPR issues and generally faster with no external callout, plus you have less chance of faux rendering as the page opens. I’ve even seen styling being blocked by script blockers in browsers, which is all avoided when you self host.

1 Like

Yeah its working now, I added about 4 fonts and it was working in paragraphs and headers when I did preview, but not when designing it, also the font in the menu would not show.

I just reset my mac as Blocs totally froze and now it’s all working fine. Never had it lock up before. I didn’t lose any work as I was just messing around trying a few things.

All good now.

Do you have the data source for the menu set to primary or none? If it’s on primary it will use whatever is set in project settings. If on none you have freedom to set whatever you like. Setting to none is the way to go really because it’s vastly flexible.

1 Like

Hi ya,

It’s set to none for the project I’m currently on - all seems to work well.

One thing I am trying to work out…is how to have a hero page for home and no menu at all showing, and when I scroll down the home page, the sticky header comes on.
I have had a look for this, but cant seem to find how to do a delayed sticky on the home page only.

It’s not something I’ve tried myself. I think I saw it once on the forum and from memory it involved using two menus in separate blocs and a trick with visibility. I might have that totally wrong since I’m less than half way through my first coffee.

1 Like

Hi Adrian @AdieJAM

Here is a test bloc file: Hero_minusnav_plussticky.bloc (1.4 MB)

Create your hero bloc and apply the sticky. Create a new bloc using a navigation bric, apply the sticky and position it at the bottom of the dynamic area. Then delete the Nav bar from the Hero bloc.

MDS

2 Likes

Something like this then?

2 Likes

Thank you - your demo was perfect and gave me an idea of how to do it right.

I tried the way I thought and my menu would snap in quick and look terrible, now its much much better. I have 2 x Hero pages, one running a video and in mobile I have an image instead. So had to apply this twice.

I kept the main menu in the global area, and hid it on home page and all working perfect! thank you.

You are very welcome.

MDS

1 Like

That’s a neat trick @MDS. It’s smooth too.

1 Like