H1 font-weight:900 ok on OsX, but normal on iOS?

Hi there,
I’ve made a website that rune properly, code verified in .css, everything looks ok,
But as said in title, the font-weight styles of Hn arn’t effective on iPad nor iPhone (iOS ?);

Does someone have an idea please ?
I’ve looks in bootstrap and change some H1 font-weight that were “normal”, btw style Hn normal on mobile devices :slightly_frowning_face:

Thanks vmuch if issue…

Hi, @3RIC. It sounds to me like you’ve not set the same font for all breakpoints. You’ll need to do this for each breakpoint (LG, MD, SM, XS). I hope I’ve understood your question correctly.
Kapture 2021-06-26 at 20.05.15

Hi Jerry,
Thank you vmuch for quick answer,
In fact, I have the 2.6.5 version (very old mac & OsX, soon the new iMac) ;
But the Responsive mode is also there,
And as you can see, the Hn are BOLD in the viewer display (and btw I can’t with this version modify size as you)…
Arrrgh
An idea ?
(wtf I can upload only one image as new member?!)

Try creating a custom class for your headers, much easier to maintain I find throughout the website.

Hello @3RIC, Yes you can. See below the same In Blocs2. Just add a custom class to your text and set font and sizes within this custom class for each breakpoint.

Kapture 2021-06-27 at 06.06.43

For rendering bold text consistently across browsers, your font should explicitly contain bold characters. Otherwise, browsers probably try to make bold variants of characters based on their normal variants, and results are inconsistent across browsers since they likely have different algorithms for such conversion.

Also note that text rendering may be different on different platforms on system level (e.g. Windows, Mac OS). Such differences are OK and do not typically need to be fixed.

Hi Adie, Jerry, and Joshua,
Thank you for your help.
First, no Jerry, in my version of Blocs.app, there isn’t a field for defining font size in tablet and phone mode, as on your .gif (right frame) ;
Btw, indeed, I can add a special class for tablet & phone with 900 weight ; how didn’t I thought spontaneously to do this ? :flushed: (I’m now on ipad, i’ll look tomorrow on mac, maybe there isn’t also the class field that would explain why i didn’t thought of this solution… mystery :grin: btw…)
And if no class possible, or ok but still not effective on tablet & phone, I’ll then will change the font ; it may effectively be a pure font problem - as you mention Joshua - with a Roboto that doesn’t have bold variations…
I’ll try tomorrow, thanks for your runways :+1:t2: