Hide the window

When I display a window such as Asset Manager, I feel uncomfortable that the Asset Manager is not hidden in the background even if I select the main screen. Is there any way to improve this discomfort?

00.mov.zip (948.6 KB)

Close it? :thinking:

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, I donā€™t understand the meaning

With the asset manager selected, press the little red circle on the top left of the asset manager window.

3 Likes

I understand, Iā€™ll try tomorrow, thank you.

Red circle ?, does it mean ā€œclose window circleā€ ?, of course I know :grinning:, it doesnā€™t mean that itā€™s annoying because the window doesnā€™t hide in the background when you select something other than Asset Manager like in the video I think, I havenā€™t seen any other app like that, the Asset Manager
02.mov.zip (2.0 MB)
is in the foreground when I select the edit window in ā€œBlocsā€ and it is in the foreground when I select the browser, usually I should move it to the background Would.

The asset manager doesnā€™t automatically disappear because you may be switching between components and wish to use it.

If you had a larger screen it most likely not be in the way and you would be very happy that it remains in place, so itā€™s a minor inconvenience in your case that it doesnā€™t just close.

I think the behaviour that you want would probably be irritating to other people who like the current workflow, but you have a valid point.

I have some sympathy with your suggestion because sometimes you can change an asset without realising thereā€™s still an association with a component and itā€™s easy to forget about it and play with the assets while accidentally changing the image used in a component.

I currently have a 27-inch display, but ā€œBlocsā€ itself occupies a lot of space when displaying PC size, and I often want small windows to be hidden in the background, which is very useful. Hatefulā€¦:sob:

I think in terms of irritations, there are worse things to be concerned about.
You have a 27" screen and I use a 14" laptopā€¦

I think itā€™s even harder :scream:

I think your English is translated fairly accurately, thank you.

I got 2x a 27" inch screen. However, that little red circle on the top left remains one of my best friends. :grin:

1 Like

I wish cmd-w would close those windows (class manager, assets etc) when theyā€˜re active, like it does in most other Mac Apps. Instead it closes the Blocs window nonetheless.

I also wonder why Blocs doesnā€™t use the ā€žnativeā€œ bar with the 3 dots. That still irritates me. Moom does not work with Blocs due to that. Maybe @Norm can elaborate on that :wink:

But thats whining on a high level. After all, it gets the tasks at hand done very nicely.

16ā€œ here. I know the pain :no_mouth:

I used to have a 15" MPB and really wondered if the 14" would be viable. Iā€™m really happy with it. I also have a 28" 4K monitor but I hardly ever use it.

I know Iā€™m harping back to years gone by but I miss the ability to snap Finder windows to the bottom of the screen as you could in OS9 ā€“ all you could see was the ā€œknicker elasticā€ title bar. I worked in a job where we had to transfer flat files between servers and it was great for that. I park asset manager et al at the bottom of the screen so I know where they are.

Nostalgic OS9 !!, Iā€™ve been using ā€œMacintoshā€ from ā€œKanjiTalkā€, of course MacOS has expanded its functions, but the old OS was much more friendly and enjoyable to people, ā€œgrouchā€ I want you to make it work, that playfulness is important, this also feels like ā€œblocsā€, I want you to make more use of the excellent ā€œGUIā€ of ā€œMacintoshā€ and ā€œMac Likeā€, the character of ā€œNo codingā€ So I bought it, I want more ā€œGUIā€ to be incorporated into the interface itself, not just ā€œcodeā€