Horizontal Slider for Blocs

For those that may need a horizontal slider for Blocs, I’ve uploaded one that was built in Hype. It’s a 20 image slider that can be set to page width or screen width. Customisation only requires you to replace the images with your own. You can see it in action and download the zip file from HERE. Note: the slider is on a transparent background so you can use it in Blocs that have a colour or image background.

Had a few problems getting it to work in Blocs, but thanks to Norm, it seems to be working ok now. If you find any issues, be sure to let me know. If anyone has Hype and would like the Hype project file to see what’s under the hood, please post here.

NOTE: THE ZIP FILE HAS BEEN CHANGED SINCE THE ORIGINAL POST. IF YOU DOWNLOADED BEFORE SEEING THIS EDIT, PLEASE VISIT THE LINK AND DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION.

7 Likes

thanks a million

Don’t forget, you can create text images if you want some slots to contain text elements. Unfortunately, there isn’t a way at present to make editable text boxes in the actual slider - well there is, but it’s complicated to customise.

Thanks for the slider. Would be nice if available and willing to share the hype doc.

Cheers

@pmweb Hype project file attached. It’s very simple to deal with. All the images are added to the project as a wide horizontal strip. Use the arrange and align menu to evenly space the images and to make sure they are all aligned correctly. Select all the images and convert to a symbol (they will then all be contained in a purple outline). With the symbol selected, right-click and group. This will place the symbol inside a yellow outline. Position the group on your scene and adjust the width of the yellow group bounding box to the width of the scene. On the metrics tab, set Content Overflow to Scrollbars and you’re good to go. To make variants for other devices, add devices (iPad, iPhone etc.) and with the group selected, use the Scale option in the metrics tab to make smaller versions to fit each device.

Enjoy

I just noticed, the project file is a little too big for this forum so I’m uploading it to my server. Give it a few minutes and it should be available. GET IT FROM HERE

2 Likes

That’s a nice gift. Thank you very much for the file and instructions.

Cheers,
Phil

@pmweb If you need the scaling percentages to make the iPad and iPhone versions, thay are:

iPad Portrait: 64.64%
iPhone Portrait: 27.35%

Perfect. Really thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Phil

What is the correct download asset:

horizontalSlider.zip

horizontaSlider.hype.zip

It would be very good to leave only one of the three possible download links.

Thank you. Excellent work

In my original post, the download link for the asset is horizontalSlider.zip. This is the version WITHOUT the lightbox function. The horizonaSlider.hype.zip, is the Hype project file for those who have Temult Hype Pro and would like to customise the slider. A new version of the slider that INCLUDES a lightbox Gallery is available through THIS LINK.

Thank you very much @hendon52.

I repeat, very good work.
These developments make the BLOCS community great.
Surely @Norm is happy to see everything as BLOCS evolves.