How to change the format date of the contact form?

Hello,

In the contact form I want the visitor to enter two dates. When this dates are sent by mail, it is displayed in the English writing. However, the person who receives this is used to the German way of writing and is confused by the English way of writing. How can I tell in the contact form that the date is not 2021-06-21 (YYYY-MM-DD) but 14.06.2021 (DD.MM.YYYY)?

The website can you here: Kontakt

Look forward to your reply and wish a good start to the week

It may be best to use the date picker instead of a date box. That way, the format doesn’t really matter because the user will select a date from a pop-up calendar. The format of the date on the receiving end should be governed by the date format set up on the recipients computer.

Hello @hendon52,
thank you very much for your tip. Date picker is a great blocs extensions. I have immediately tried to implement that. I immediately encountered the next problem. I ask in the contact form 2 date and somehow Date Picker opens only one date field. I tried to change the ID, but even with changed ID it does not work. Do you know what could be the reason for this?

Thank you and have a nice day

This might help you:

1 Like

That’s an old bug Jerry. I had the same issue on a website that needed a start and finish date for rental hire.

Just as my 2 cents to this topic: Why not adding a booking script? There’s one here from PHP Jabbers and it shows up as a free download on top of it!

Thanks for the files. I found my mistake. I forgot to set the lower ID. Now it’s working :slight_smile:

2 Likes