How to get Lottie animation (JSON) running?

Hello, if you know anything about magic and polish you know Lottie animations are awesome and run clean with the right tools.

Does anyone know how I’d go about adding the Lottie library to my project so that I can run it? @Norm is there a feature that allows for this?

There is a guide to do this on their website

I have never used them, but I skimmed through the article and it appears easy enough to do in blocs.

2 Likes

Hi @PeteSharp

I’ve just had a try myself. I can get the animation running with the relevant code in the code widget but it seems to require the full generated source code in the page header too to smooth out playback which then means the animation repeats on the page. If you get a few mins to try it out yourself can you see what I’m doing wrong?

Looking forward to your site btw

Cheers

Hi @Brettred

The easiest way maybe to use this…

It was referenced in the link I posted earlier.

Copy your json code into the top box, select your settings and copy the code generated at the bottom.

You can them paste that code into a code widget bric. Remember to turn preview off on the widget.

Also, thanks to @PeteSharp I’ve got the answer to my stuttering graphics issue. Make sure the controls checkbox is unticked in the web player options or this happens:

@sim Where is this check box? I don’t see it on the LottieFiles site or in blocs.

See the link I posted above @Brettred

As per @PeteSharp’s directions.

Sorry, I’ve been pretty stuck on how to get this Lottie player to run animations in in block. I think I’m missing a step or two. Is there a tutorial anywhere?

1 Like