Iconic Gallery Bric - Version 1.2.0 Update

Hi everyone,

just 4.5 years later, I am pleased to announce that the Iconic Gallery Bric is finally in beta testing :wink:

Some highlights:

• Just upload images in a server side folder with an FTP application or Repository Manager, and these images will dynamically picked up by the bric.
  • Automatic server side thumbnail generation, so just upload the main images, a smaller thumbnail will be created for you for faster grid display.
  • Choose from different grids, sliders and lightboxes.
  • JPEG and WEBP is supported, as also Bootstrap 4 and 5.
  • Possibility to preview galleries (with the images stored server side) inside local Blocs preview mode.

There are some things which I would like to add before a general release, so please be patient until end of this year (2022 :stuck_out_tongue:)

11 Likes

Finally, I will not have to share my coconut tree anymore. :grin: :rofl:

1 Like

OMG!!!
This is the Bric I have always wanted!!!

Can’t wait for a release!! Very nice Jannis!!

Rich the Weather Guy

1 Like

VOLT CMS is great, and so is the new gallery.

2 Likes

Must say, that’s looking very good indeed. Great stuff @Jannis

1 Like

Hey Jannis,
that looks absolutely amazing!!! I will add it to my birthday / Santa Claus-wishlist!!

2 Likes

Hmmm … nice! Is this available for purchase?

Looks great and very snappy :grinning:
If we add or remove images from the folder, does the gallery updates ?

Cheers.

Exactly :+1:

1 Like

I need this so badly!!

2 Likes

You said it Al!

We NEED THIS BADLY Jannis!!!

Rich the Weather Guy

2 Likes

Looks amazing @Jannis - can’t wait !

I take to the demo of the bootstrap carousel at the bottom is showing how it looks when loading with images from Repository Manager?

Also if a client loads a high res image into a gallery, I take it this bric wont have the ability to make the images not so big or would the user need to size and edit it to make them smaller?

1 Like

How you’re going to upload images (FTP application, Repository Manager) doesn’t matter.

The bric will come with different settings, for example height of the images inside the rows or in the carousel.

The bric will only generate thumbnails from the main images. You’re of course also able to use your own thumbnails if you like.

Repository Manager has the availability to change the size of the images during the upload.
In addition, you’re also able to generate thumbnails right inside Repository Manager.

So plenty of options therefore :+1:

3 Likes

Jannis, you keep mentioning “Repository Manager” and while I have taken a peek, the “online demo” doesn’t really show me much. Perhaps you can beef this demo up a bit for those of us who are not as well versed in this type of tool?

Thanks

Rich the Weather Guy

1 Like

For more info, see below. But as said, completely optional.

2 Likes

Especially for hosted images, Repository is a sweet tool. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

This looks very promising.
A quality option at last!

1 Like

Trying to keep this one at the top of the forum…How is this going Jannis?

Rich the Weather Guy

1 Like

Thanks, but that comment is actually true.

Cheers

3 Likes

That’ll do me! :grinning:

1 Like