Image gallery

Hi and seasons greetings to you all.
I know it’s a common issue raised, but is there a definitive answer to the question “what is the best image gallery that can be incorporated into a Blocs site?”, be that a simple gallery or a more modern design.
I know this leads to options depending upon the design someone’s aiming for, but I’m happy to start with a basic gallery and advance from there.
The threads I’ve looked at on the forum seem to tail off without resolution or refer back to older bootstrap code.
I’ve been using Blocs since v2 but up to now I’ve been using a html code brick with an iframe in (Juicebox Pro), but on the latest Mac OS and my new MacBook, I can’t install Juicebox anyway.
Happy to buy a plug-in, but I would love to set this up completely within Blocs.
Stay safe, we’re all in this together folks!
:v::v:t3::v:t6::v:t4:

1 Like

I actually tend to think the Volt flexbox gallery is pretty cool.

4 Likes

This one?
https://voltdemo.blocsaddons.com/gallery

Are there any video tutorials on How to…?

What about documentation?

1 Like

Yes, it seems to be a solid all round choice. You don’t really need any documentation. Just upload the images and flexbox will do the rest. Perhaps @Jannis could offer some insight.

2 Likes

Is this really so difficult to find? I don’t think so.

1 Like

Hi @Flashman
I’ll look into this over the next few days.
I haven’t looked at Volt before so I’ll need to understand that also I assume.
Thanks, Andy

I use the SIRV media viewer for slideshows, this has worked well for me as it’s a dynamic script that serves responsive sized images.

There is a free account which allows you to upload 0.5gb of images to their servers, alternatively you can use external files hosted on other servers:

1 Like

I’m another volt gallery vote. I use it for my personal painting site:
Www.trevreav.co.uk/gallery/

3 Likes

Hi @DaveC, thanks for the reply.

Do you have a gallery based on a free one; the monthly subs model will soon outdo the cost of others for what I need.

This looks nice @TrevReav

Can they be added into multiple Tab Anything tabs on a single page as inhave at the moment.

APS | Galleries

Thanks, Andy

I haven’t used Tab Anything, but the way I think it might work is just give every gallery a different id and tab accordingly.

But I may be completely wrong!

1 Like

Hi:

I have been looking at Owl Carousel in the Brics for sale section.

Rich the Weather Guy

@WeatherguyNH According to the GitHub page Owl is deprecated, so I am not sure how future proof that would be. They suggest using Tiny Slider instead. Owl itself hasn’t been updated in four years.

GitHub - OwlCarousel2/OwlCarousel2: DEPRECATED jQuery Responsive Carousel..

2 Likes

So that is all code (Tiny Slider) that needs to be input.
I am not a coder Flash…I am really green at sticking that stuff in my site.
I sent an email off to the “Owl” people asking them about support, updates, etc.
I guess I will see if I get a reply.
Shame because there were several other Brics I was thinking about purchasing from them as well.

Oh well, the search continues…

Rich The Weather Guy

The Bric uses the Owl carousel Project. Different people.

So maybe there is some hope?

Two things got mixed up here; Image galleries and carousels.
For image galleries, @Jannis Volt is my buddy. For carousels, Splide is my partner.

4 Likes

Yes. I’ve used Splide recently. Or Swiper.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s more for the older generation. :older_woman: :rofl:

1 Like

Can’t keep up with you young ones. Hang on didn’t I put you onto Splide? :grin:

2 Likes