Image resizing in carousel

How can I resize the pix I am adding to the carousel spots. I’ve made them all the same size in another program yet when i put them into carousel pix space the image is enourmous and all pixelated. There is noting in this forum or in the manual to help me resize the pics. There is something called “Scaling line” for the life of me I cannot find it. This should be a simple procedure for a program like this. Please do not say use Classes. There is no proper explenation or video and what they are and how it works!!!

very angry customer
Stephan

First of all Stephan, you have no reason to be angry.

No software is perfect and no user is perfect. Along the way something doesn’t work as you expect it to and that’s not the fault of the software.

If your images are becoming pixellated it just means they are too small. How large are they?

The software does not change the size of image assets, but through various options you can control how they are presented.

It sounds like your images are low resolution - too low to support being properly presented if the carousel is too large.

1 Like

It depends on the context. You might casually speak of resizing a web image by zooming into it on your browser so you can see more of the detail. In that case, the image is not changed at all - only your view of it. When professionals speak of resizing, they are often talking about changing the number of pixels in an image. As an example, a pro may have shot an image at 24 MB. That is much too big to use on a web page. It takes too long to load or download, and too much room to archive.

In such a case, image editing software is used to reduce the number of pixels. Photoshop works well for this purpose, but there are dozens of other applications that can do it. The menu command would be Resize Image or something similar. The popup requester would have fields to enter the new horizontal and vertical sizes in pixels. There would also be a switch for Aspect Ratio. When it is on, if you change the horizontal pixel count the vertical count is automatically calculated and adjusted so that the image does not change its shape. When you change the vertical count, the horizontal count is automatically adjusted. With the aspect ratio switch off, the picture can be squashed or stretched in either direction, but this is almost always a bad idea.

What is the ideal size for an image?

The general rule is that it should not look blurry or have visible pixels at the size and distance it is viewed. A pro needs to know the common image size requirements for web pages, HD or 4K video, newspapers or magazines. And there will be times they will have a special challenge that requires some research.