Introducing Site Search Custom Bric

Hey everyone, I just released a new premium set of Brics that let you quickly and easily add realtime search functionality to your sites built with Blocs.

The setup process is pretty fast and efficient. Simply add the main site search Bric to any Blocs website and export, Blocs will handle the rest. If you want to enhance the precision of search results you can also populate the SEO keyword page settings for more in depth search filtering.

You can checkout Site Search here.

10 Likes

Please confirm since I using El Capitan and the problem that I cannot use my keyboard in Blocs 3 to search for Elements this new Bric will not work for me?

The search bric can still be manually located by scrolling. It adds search to your site and uses web technology so it will work fine. The issue you have with search inputs is a native Mac issue.

1 Like

I have been using this bric for a while and it’s great!
If anyone is interested in a video review, check out this video I just published on YouTube.

4 Likes

Thanks, Eldar, I’m sure this video will help users learn how to use the site search bric. It’s a great addition to Blocs. @Norm thanks for the support doc that comes with it, and especially the classes associated with search. I think all developers should add the classes, with anything new some always want to learn how to customize it.

casey

4 Likes

Yeah Im planning on adding notes like that with all of my Brics.

2 Likes

I already implemented it on one of my sites and it works great. So easy to set up.

casey

2 Likes

Very tempted to purchase this one. Is it possible to style the input field with classes?

Hi @michaelokraj

Yes you can. Below is a quote from the Site Search Docs.pdf, that comes along with the purchase of the Bric.

Customisation

The site search input field and results drop down offer various customisation options via the sidebar options, however, you may wish to customise the visual appearance of the input field and results drop down further. This can be done using the following subclasses in combination with the Blocs Class Manager and Class Editor.

Search field — .blocs-site-search-container input
Results dropdown container — .blocs-search-results
Results dropdown item — .blocs-search-results .dropdown-item

MDS

2 Likes

It sure is.

HI MDS. That sounds great. Thank you. Will try to get the SEARCH option to our design and then purchase the bric. Great work. Thank you!

Hello,
Purchased the Search a couple of weeks ago, but it only works when previewing the website from Blocs. Are there additional settings in blocs I am not seeing? All pages have seo keywords set.

Thanks

Hi. Is it possible to search image tags or alt tags?

It should work when it’s hosted on a server. It won’t preview unless run a server environment.

It doesn’t I’m afraid!

In the drop down when previewing on my computer the related pages show, but when I upload to my server nothing shows when typing in the search box. That’s what I mean.

Sounds like its missing the json file that is exported, I think its in the JS directory when you export a site with site search.

All the files/folders are there. I’m at a loss. :neutral_face:

Do you have a live URL to the site?

Hello Norm,
I’m in the same boat as Danny, all files and folders are correctly on the web server’s root but search doesn’t return any results on server’s index page (/index.php) whereas site-search works as expected on others pages.
Any tips on how to make it works on the primary /index.(php|html)?