Is Firefox the new IE?

Over the last few months I have noticed certain glitches on sites that only seem effect Firefox, whereas Chrome and Safari work just like Blocs preview.

This is surprising because Firefox always seemed to be the one you could rely on in the past but now it appears to be the troublemaker. As a recent example, I found the sidebar menu showing a white space on the right with Firefox desktop that doesn’t happen on any other browser or indeed with Firefox on a mobile.

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 15.22.44

In another example, I had a logo that was appearing clearly in Blocs preview, Chrome or Safari but I had to invest some time troubleshooting to fix this in Firefox. I guess we cannot afford to ignore Firefox completely, so perhaps extra checks need to be made now.

i have same problems with Firefox and more, making a sidebar menu I note that it doesn’t work if I link to “scroll to target” via correct ID. Preview mode and safari are ok.
is there any fix for it?
tnx

I have since learned from Norm that a quick fix would be to add the class .nav-special and set the overflow to hidden like below. I now do this on all sites by default and it seems to do the trick with Firefox.

I’ve not tried scroll to target from the sidebar and I can imagine that might be problematic, but I’ll take a look.

thanks Flashman, i tried z-index but no way. let me know please if you find some fix.
i see when I click a link it closes a sidebar without scroll to target and a little image resizing effect (like a bounce)

No, actually in the developer community that would be Safari. Hands down bar none.

Hello, I have the same issue when I try to ‘scroll to targer’ from the sidebar in all browsers… In fact, Safari loses the top global area, which is restored with the first click of the scrolling wheel. Blocs is v4.2.2 with BS5.