Issue with Card Designer / Blocs 4 - which is it?

I have an issue with Card Designer or Blocs 4, or something in between :wink: Using Card Designer to create some sort of Gallery Menu. But things don’t work as they should.

First of all, I set the Card Designer to be clickable, which does not work. I do have the Card Designer bric nested within two other divs, the lowest containing a bg-image, and the one between just to shift it on mouse-over, to see part of the background. You can see that online.

Second, I added the text “Topline”, “Title” and “Description” to the caption fields in card designer to see what it looks like with different text presets.

When I changed the text to what I actually want (just the title and description), it show that in the card designer settings, but not in preview (neither in blocs nor browser).

Is that a Card Designer issue (@Whittfield) , is it Blocs 4 (@Norm) , or is it me? :innocent:

Here are a few screenshot to show what I mean:

Overview

Text settings in Card Designer

Preview

Preview with mouse-over

The project file is here: webgo Webspace-Admin

I tried your sample file and it seems to work for me. One thing though, I did have to clear the fields and retype the the text, but it didn’t give me any other issues. Here’s a screen capture in FF.

Thanks for checking, Miguel. Odd that it works for you, but gives me headaches… can you click the card?

Had to fiddle around a lot (deleting card, playing the setting, re- enter text several times) to make it work for me. After duplicating a card designer to the other columns, it gave me issues replacing the image. It suddenly just showed the background and I was not able to change the card-designers image. Had to delete the bric, try again, delete, restart Blocs, duplicate the bric and then it finally worked.

That’s not what I call a smooth workflow :wink:

And the card still isn’t clickable. And even though I set target to _blank, it does not open the link in the same tab when I click the title.

Any idea if that is that a card-designer or blocs issue? @Whittfield @Norm

Weird. I’m able to click card, but like before, though the checkbox appeared checked, I had to uncheck and re-check to make it work. I also saved it with a different name and reopened the project file and see if it exhibits the same behavior but it worked right off the bat.
Not sure what to say, it seems ok to me once I get past the point of re-entering the fields and checking on clickable card.

Hope this helps.

BTW… I’m using the latest releases of Blocs and custom Brics. I’m also running blocs on HS 10.13.6

1 Like

Right, un-checking and re-checking to make the card clickable did the trick. Had to do it several times though, to make it work.

Also, not sure if you’re still experiencing issues with the labels, but when I did it I selected the text, copied it, cut out the text from the field, then pasted it back. Not sure if doing this clears out any glitches under the hood but that seemed to work for me.

I’ll try that next time :wink: What still don’t work is to have the linked website open in a new tab. Target is set to _blank, not to _self. But it still opens in the same tab.

Hi @Pumpkin,

It sounds like there’s some sort of issue. Doesn’t seem to be wide spread, but thanks for reaching out.

Maybe something has happened with that particular page? In any case, I’ll dive in and take a look, including the url and target settings.

1 Like

Nothing happened with the page. It’s a new project with just the homepage so far.

Thanks for checking into the reported issues.

The fact that you have actually worked on that page means it’s no longer a fresh page. and I won’t be ale to recreate your page but I will e ale to start with a fresh page 1 column dealing only with Card Designer.

Then we would have an apples to apples test. This is useful if you want because there can be bugs that a custom bric is not causing, but is affected by.

Anyway no need to do anything that’s just an option since it doesn’t appear to be an issue for others.

Hey Fynn,
For whatever it’s worth - I did experience the reported blank tab issue with your project, and no matter what I did I couldn’t get it to work. It always opens the link on the same tab.
But, it does work, as it should, if I create a new project. And so it seems the issue might be within your project, not necessarily the bric.

Unfortunately I’m only able to provide limited help, in that I can try and reproduce or confirm an issue. Anyways, I see Whittfield is looking into it, so I’ll leave it at that.

1 Like

I’ve now made significant update fixing a few issues related to linking behavior in Card Designer. The update will be released this week.

What’s included:

1. improved empty URL field behaviors
  2. full card-click now works on cards without text. (including opening modals)
  3. fixed “full card-click” behavior not working under some combination of settings.
  4. full card-click and title-click can now open modal
  5. fixed “target” setting behavior under some combination of settings.
6 Likes

Hi can’t change Title text size. How do I do it? Thanks Zdenek Blocs v4.4.2

I’m having the same problem. This is what I’ve found out:

1. I have a card which has a URL linked. I also have the setting “Make card clickable” activated. If I go back to the card at a later date and change the URL, it only changes the URL on the button. If I click somewhere on the card but outside of the button it opens the old URL and not the new one.

What I had to do to work around this is first remove the check by “make card clickable”, then change the URL, then go back and check the “make card clickable” box.

1. If I set a link for the button and check the box for “make card clickable”, it will not work. What I have to do is go back and completely remove the link and the re-add it again (cut & paste), and/or check and uncheck and then re-check the “make card clickable” box.

ALSO …

1. If I set a URL to open in a blank page, AND set the card to clickable, when I click on the button, it opens 2 instances of the same URL in 2 new tabs. This is probably because the card “body/background” has a link set, and the button also - and the button is sitting on top of the already linked card background.

So when clicking directly on the button, you are in reality clicking the link on the button, AND the link on the rest of the card as well - so it opens the same URL twice. If you just click anywhere on the card outside of the button, then it opens the URL in 1 tab as expected.

I have had these issues for at least a year now.