I have wasted hours today with this and I confess I’m getting to the end of my tether with this software. I have been overcoming the constant glitches by closing and reopening, and if that doesn’t work, deleting the affected Bric or Bloc and starting again.
This time the entire layer navigator is completely messed up on one of my pages. Elements that are clearly in the build area are either missing from the layer navigator or displaying with a completely different identification and hierarchy. When I click on items in the layer nav I get nothing in build and vice versa.
The only option is to delete the entire page and start again. And then I realise that because this page is cloned from another finished page, the original page has weird hierarchy issues too with no obvious way to fix it.
Seems it was the List Bric completely screwing everything up. Even when I make a new row underneath, the list carries over in some corrupted way into it. Next thing to try is to make a new Bloc and move everything down into that - suspect with the inevitable problems that will occur during that process it would be quicker just to rewrite.
And then there is all the other constant glitches. Icons that you can’t select, or can select in some brics but not in others, columns that behave completely differently to other columns despite all settings being exactly the same in every single respect, buttons that will only work if you add them into an existing row rather than make a new row for them. All these weird idiosyncrasies that need work arounds rather than the thing just working predictably.
And on and on.
I’m sorry to bitch but I am spending more time wrestling with the glitches than I am on the creative process and it’s wearing me down. I have spent the entire day on this and have made negative progress