Lazy load & carousel

Does anyone know if lazyload works with the carousel bric or just with images. Thanks. Andy

I just a quick test export, it doesn’t look like it applies LazyLoad to the carousel.

Thanks for looking. I assume it can’t be applied in some way. Andy

Lazyload usually uses a class and an attribute, so most likely not for the carousel Bic.

But making a carousel is rather straight forward using a Code Bric.

Then you could add it.

Thanks for that. It looks a bit beyond me, I was hoping to add to existing carousel.
I will do some research on doing one from scratch later, need to get my website functioning as can no longer get access with Muse.
Andy

I am having troubles with this too, I think this feature must be working on a carousel bloc, which is one of the most weight resources asset.
@Norm, how can we enable lazy loading on a carousel?

1 Like

I know, I’m resurrecting an old thread. But I wondered if there were any plans to implement lazy loading into the carousel brick @Norm ?

This is a brick a use a lot, so it’d be high on my personal wish list for new features :slight_smile:

I know it was causing a lot of problems. I have a site with a contact form below the carousel and it was jumping every time the image changed. I have no idea if there might be some way around that.

I would say it’s because the carousel inherits the dimensions from the image by default. It would likely not jump like that if you were defining the size. Otherwise it doesn’t know how big it’s supposed to be until the image has loaded.

This will presumably be very tricky to override, because the image dimensions on the page can also be affected by the browser width. If we had the option to include AVIF with Jpg as a fallback that would largely solve any performance issues for many users.

There are ways.