License issue

I remember that statement once before in Blocs 2. Norm! “I’ll be Back”

1 Like

BTW I reset your Version 2 license so you are good to go with Blocs V2 if you need it.

Ok thanks. I appreciate that, but I can’t go back with this one as I already mentioned, as Blocs 3 files were already saved and Blocs 2 says No!!! So I have no choice.

1 Like

I’d highly recommend keeping backups prior to migration, it’s mentioned and recommend in the migrate notice and knowledge base post.

Anyway if you did revert back beware of browser cache catching you out, as it would then be bootstrap 3 if exported via Blocs 2.

Yes I did read this Norm, but I was quite fare ahead with projects and over confident with Blocs 3, which I won’t do again. You love my problems as much as you need a hole in the head. But I am greatful to you Buddy!!

1 Like

This is my golden rule, don’t trust any software or hardware, ever. Especially when it’s new.

I have had brand new Apple laptops just die on me at the worst time, always keep backups, no mater what the app is.:+1:

You ever tried growing your hair longer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would it be possible to leave the original project file alone when migrating to Blocs 3. I just make a point of “saving as” and appending Blocs3 to the name after opening, but evidently this is catching some out.

Flashman!! Now I’m confused, thought you went home? Yes as I was probably in that cought out category.

I work from home, so I am typically in front of the computer, but sometimes I am forced to leave my computer room if I want a slice of cake before it’s all gone.

1 Like

Flashman = Cake, Home, Computor.
Norm = No Cake, Office, Headache.
You’ve done well young Padowan. :slight_smile:

I’m having the same trouble licensing Blocs 2 after upgrading to Blocs 3. I looked up the link to the webshop but couldn’t find an option to manage licenses. How many activations do I have do I de-activate a license on one of my machines? Right now I can’t open Blocs 2 anymore on neither of my machines…

@Norm can you please help and reset my licenses for Blocs 2 so I can open old projects in Blocs 2 before migrating or rebuilding them in Blocs 3?

@wolfje Go to the old store at https://uistore.io/wp-login.php and login.

Look for My Products at the top and click on the link, which should reveal your Blocs 2 licence. Now look for Authorized Computers and click the link below that says Manage. On the next page you can see the currently activated devices and remove one if needed, then add an alternative. Two computers are allowed per user licence.

Actually, I wondered how this is done in Blocs 3 if I change computers at some stage, which has to happen sooner or later.

@Flashman thanks for the tip, I went to the old store page earlier but couldn’t find the page to manage the license.

Now here’s the strange thing: Both my computers (iMac and MacBook Pro) are listed correctly in the store but still when I open Blocs 2 it asks for licensing. When I enter the information from the store page Blocs replies that the maximum number of licenses are used. Right now I can’t open Blocs 2 on neither of my computers listed n the store…

@Norm, can you help on this?

Okay, I fond the solution: I deactivated both licenses in the old store. After that I could re-activate them again from both my iMac and MacBook , problem solved!