Live design sessions with my brics

For a while I’ve been thinking about doing live sessions where I am using custom brics like Card Designer and Tab Anything in some interesting ways. It’s a chance to maybe inspire how some of you use these tools, and show you exactly what it is that I love about them.

Since many of you are in different time zones, I wonder what’s the best time to hold such a session?

Does this sounds interesting to anyone?

23 Likes

Nice idea.

1 Like

Sounds great. I guess London GMT is the middle time. Everything else is plus or minus. Around 5.00pm here wouldn’t be pretty early for @Malachiman but OK for everybody else :rofl:

1 Like

Well New Zealand is the start of the day. So you can’t go wrong making it a suitable time for me :rofl:

1 Like

Any way you slice it @PeteSharp you’re probably gonna draw the short straw bro. The thing is, I’m pretty sure I have to be awake when I give do the session :rofl:

1 Like

Definately interested. Might be fun to do the livestreaming via Youtube? That way you can publish the recording afterwards for those who couldn’t attend live?

5 Likes

Hi @Whittfield, I’m definitely interested and like the suggestion by @brechtryckaert.

1 Like

Nice idea. GMT time … whenever during the day would currently be fine for me.

Nice one @Whittfield , i called for something like this a while back from bric developers like yourself, Blocs!, Eldar, @PeteSharp etc and even website builders - it would be great to do something like this once a month at least - and maybe @Norm could do a BlocsLIVE! page on the backend of say the Blocs store and embed everyones YouTube or Vimeo videos there. This would be HUGE I would say and Whifffield, it will be over to you you kick off the 1st one !

Times for me is anytime really! but maybe create a poll with dates, times?

Good post !

That’s ok. Happens all the time, I’ve done 3 am video calls before.

If I can make it, I’ll be there.

1 Like

I think a lot of people already gift a lot of time on the forum.

1 Like

@Whittfield great idea, let me know if you want the live stream details published in the next Blocs newsletter, I think you’ll get a fair amount tune in :+1:

5 Likes

And that I totally agree and that many of us all massively appreciate the time a lot do give on here. The forum is a central hub for all Blocs users and it helps us all from the most knowledgeable to beginners.
Of course, only those who have time and want to - we all have busy lifestyles.

I just see the live streaming thing done on other builders/businesses and the boost and knowledge it gives is off the scale! and hugely promotes sales all round. I think it would be great for the future of Blocs too and boost sales and support for @Norm

I think its amazing gesture from @Whittfield and no better way to see how the brics work than from the master mind who bring a vision to life! can’t wait.

Great idea. Have to do that also at some point in time.

5 Likes

Are you also planning to post the recorded stream afterwards for those users whom missed it? If so then the time & zone becomes largely irrelevant aside from Q & A opportunities that take place for users during the live sessions. Best wishes with the sessions I’m sure you’ll do great and your users will gain much further knowledge about Blocs and your Brics.

I Am very interested - Melbourne Australia

2 Likes

@supasi finally someone “close” to my neck of the woods. :grin:

2 Likes

Does having a relative living on Waiheke Island qualify me as local even though I’m in the uk?
:grimacing:

@TrevReav depends how long they have lived there. Waiheke is full of Aucklander’s now. It’s all wine and cheese. If they have lived there a while it’s possible they are hippies who rejected society long ago. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

We spent the day on Waiheke last November, hadn’t been for years, it’s really changed. So busy now.

1 Like

1970s hippy.
I’m in!