Mobirise or BLOCS | Which is better for one-page websites?

I’ve been looking for a good website builder to create a simple one-page website and now I’m deciding between Mobirise and BLOCS.
So I need help from you as BLOCS forum members to tell me the up and downsides of this tool. If someone has ever used Mobirise, it would be nice if you’d share your experience.
Thanks for your help! :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t really view Blocs and Mobirise as competing products. Mobirise is essentially free with limited editing flexibility, whereas Blocs is paid, but on a whole different level in terms of flexibility.

If you only need to produce a single one page site and happy with the options found in Mobirise you can use that, but if you plan on being more ambitious or producing multiple sites Blocs is a far better choice.

2 Likes

I’ve tried Mobirise a few times recently, however my experiences were not great. I’d also recommend checking out their forum, you get a general vibe that free comes at the cost of having no support and absolutely zero involvement from the creators of the app.

But like @Flashman put it, I’d recommend trying both apps since both offer free trials and see which meets your needs.

1 Like

Mobirise is free, but it does not bring many extensions that blocs if it brings. For example the HTML Widget comes separate and costs that only $70 ,ICONS costs $40 and WOW Slider $40

One of the things that I like about Mobirise, is the parallax, it’s a little more attractive that is Blocs

I used both tools and can say there are some good points in both Mobirise and Blocs.
Mobirise is just super simple to use. You can really create a well-designed one page website with free functionalities. Some extensions are a bit expensive, but Mobirise has huge discounts like Website Builder Kit.
Blocs has more parameters and visual editing options. It’s very intuitive. I would recommend it for bigger projects and websites that require more customization.
So, I agree with @Flashman and @Norm that you need to try both apps depending on what your project is.

1 Like

I agree with Flashman, if you need to create a one-page site the best application for you is Mobirise. It has several free templates with all options you need, in my opinion. Actually, you can change the blocks, as you want, it’s possible to use any images from their library or upload yours, change colors, fonts and so on. It doesn’t really matter if you’re using paid or free template.
But of course, If you need to create a site with difficult structure, Mobirise wouldn’t suit you.
In your case, I recommend Mobirise obviously.

1 Like

I didn’t say that Mobirise was the best application for a one page site, far from it. I guess it’s the best choice if you don’t want to spend any money and happy to accept the limitations of Mobirise.

1 Like

I have not used Moirise recently but from checking it out on their site, it looks like one of many online building solutions that tend to look better that they turn out to be. The Mobirise forum in the bugs section shows that all is not rosy. But hey, it’s free, try it out and show us what you create. Usually when apps are free there is a catch, so be wary of that.

Blocs appears to be in a different league and while Blocs could quickly build a single page site as simple as a Mobisie site, Blocs can also build complex sites such as this demo site built by Eldar - https://eldargezalov.com/i/templates/preview/macintosh/

1 Like

Been asking for some extra love for parallax in Blocs for years, and I’m still not sure why the request is so hated. I would love just a little bit of movement to those background photos that doesn’t involve editing in my own code. Seems like every other app nails this and continues to make me a bit upset.

I know this post is 2 years old but I just want to touch up on this.

I switched to Mobirise 5.28 and I can tell with certainty they are somewhat of a competing product. In my opinion with Mobirise, it’s much easier to create a site than say BlocsApp however you have less of a control on extending it with code, but if you purchase the code editor its becomes much like Blocsapp. Also, the premium themes are better looking in Mobirise and don’t require trivial guess work. On the other hand BlocsApp, has questionable looking themes designed by an individual who I believe monopolized the idea of theming specifically for BlocsApp as well as being somewhat of a spokesman/mascot for BlocsApp?

Additionally, the reason why I left blocsapp, it changes its UI every 2 years. Where as Mobirise stays more or less the same on the idea and the principles of “drag and drop” with new extensions and themes rolling out frequently and MobiRise is a universal app for Mac and Pc.

Im definitely looking for BlocsApp to expand its horizons beyond what it is now. Not that BlocsApp is bad now, it’s just I’ve grown out of using it since versions 1 and 2.

Update:
I sincerely apologize for my insensible comments when it comes to BlocsApp. Looking at how the community received my somewhat unpleasant comments or my personal view/take on BlocsApp in comparison to MobiRise.

In the early days sure, but from 3 to 4 the visual changes are not so dramatic. The UI is settling into place now.

Blocs offers a lot in the price tag and is moving forward at a nice steady pace.

I wish you luck with Mobirise :+1:

5 Likes

Eeeewww… thread necromancy :eyes:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Looking forward to checking out your ‘unquestionable’ looking Mobirise website!

Truly yours,
Mascot Eldar

13 Likes

I’m disappointed, I thought digging up a 2 year old post meant we would get some real value, otherwise what’s the point?

There’s not a monopoly. Eldar does not discourage people from making and selling templates. He does the opposite, he teaches.

@Eldar sets a high bar in terms of consistency and support. People like support. It’s not rocket science.

10 Likes

So I’m an “unquestionable” (hobby) website builder which has been taught to me by a “Mascot”… I need a puppy in my family. :dog2: :guide_dog: :service_dog:

4 Likes

Thank you Norm,

You are great developer, I look forward to the role out of BlocsApp 5, with more features and premium blocs anyone can just purchase right with in BlocsApp, that way there won’t need to be a reason for a 3rd party supporting special themes and things of that nature, it would be in one app rather than a scattered environment when it comes to themes, blocs, extensions.

@Eldar, Im happy you like the entitlement “mascot” all joking a side,Im sorry about the whole “questionable” and “unquestionable” if you can just look past my criticism.

I know people love you here, (looking at the cute heart shapes) and you made a huge impact on the blocsapp community when it comes to themes and teaching folks so cuddos to you, Its all good! It was just my opinion, and the forum has spoken in favor of you.

and yes, I’ve made some “questionable” and “unquestionable” sites :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

@pumpkin, thanks for your concerns :stuck_out_tongue:

@Whittfield, all good points. @Jerry and it was a joke and looking @eldar he’s cool with it.

Hey out of interest, did you own a version of Blocs past v2?

1 Like

See your DM’s please.

Give Blocs 4 a go - its here now and its new. Will be a while till we see Blocs 5 - as to be fair, the rate @Norm is adding extras to Blocs 4, there is no rush to bring out another one for a long long time as the advancements in Blocs 4 are brilliant and if you see on the forum, Norm is asking people what they would like to see next - I have never seen such interaction with customers from any other web builder.

Norm could stick all these requests into Blocs 5…but he is sticking these in Blocs 4 at no extra cost - come and join in @petester

As a matter of interest, I have seen lots of websites from other web builders, could you post 1 or 2 that you have done in Mobirise, as just interested on how they look vs what can be done in Blocs.

I used to be a Rapidweaver, foundation and Wordpress (only for a short while).

Good luck on whatever you use.

4 Likes

Thank you,

I use Wordpress and MobiRise exclusively, I did try Rapidweaver it wasn’t really for me back in the hey day. I did use BlocsApp 3, 4 on trial basis and past the trial on different machines. However, I gravitated towards Wordpress and use Mobirise from time to time. I did buy their premium bundle as its reasonably priced for me for a year.

As for site’s that I’ve done, I don’t think It’s a good Idea to share them with the blocsapp community, seeing as how the community responded to my early responses, its def not going to be seen in a positive light nor is it healthy. That said, I don’t want to encourage hatred towards what I have to say or share. Additionally, I don’t want stir discouraging factors in the community as people react to criticism with a sense of negativity and aggression.

You can check out some of the themes Mobirise offers. Themes are not just exclusive to one site you can mix and match blocs from different themes so there’s more creative control when it comes to customization and its part of one coherent structured landscape that is easy on the eye, takes time getting use if your coming from blocsapp.

Again, my sincere apologies to the entire blocsapp community for sharing my thoughts and it the process of making blocsapp not worthy of an app, it is an amazing app.