Move from local to hosted assets

Hi Everyone

Simple question: does anyone know how to easily move from local to hosted assets without having to manually relink each image ?

Thanks in advance.

MDS

The simple answer if no. You’d have to manually relink them, but if you are not talking about hundreds of images it shouldn’t take too long. The hosted images can be bulk loaded, then it’s just a case of clicking on each image in Blocs, navigating to the asset manager and selecting the replacement hosted asset, before deleting the old one.

Hi @Flashman

It is exactly what I expected. Fortunately I do not have that many images. However, I am not sure how I can bulk load them. I mean how do you insert the “list” of URL’s ?

Thanks

MDS

That’s the easy part if you have an FTP app like Forklift. Just select them all on the server then right click to copy the links urls together. Now go to the Blocs asset manager and select the remote option for bulk assets and paste the links, which will be correctly formatted by default, so they all appear in the asset manager. It works very well as a system as long as your FTP app is capable of copying multiple asset links in one go. I’ve done this with both Yummy and Forklift.

1 Like

Great.

Many thanks !

MDS

Hi @Flashman

Just tried but it has not worked. When I look at the urls - they all being with ftp:/…

Do you know what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks

MDS

What FTP app are you using? In Yummy it has an option to copy as url or as web url and you want the second. In Forklift there is only one option and it does this correctly.

Hi @Flashman

Okay made some progress.

Connection was not properly done. So now I set it up as following these instructions:

I copy the URLs in Forklift - paste them in Blocs Bulk hosted assets window but I get this:

I am sure it is something stupid but just cannot figure out what.

Do you have any suggestions ?

Thanks
MDS

Try adding the trailing / after the full web url including https://

Also the server should be something like ftp.example.com or whatever is permissible from the web host. I’ll send you a PM with a screenshot.

Thank you !!!