Multiple files open at the same time

What i would love to see is to have option to have multiple bloc files open at the same time. For example. We have build something in one page and it needs to be transferred to another. Its easier to have two files open and just copy and paste blocs between them :smiley:

7 Likes

A thousand times, YES. I want the power to copy and paste content between two open documents, especially.

Thanks,

James W.

I just tried this and it works on my mac. Go to the Applications folder and duplicate the blocs app. Open both apps at the same time and each will allow you to open a different site you’re working on.

Still can’t copy/paste between them though = (

1 Like

Another way around this is to keep an old version of Blocs installed, which can be opened at the same time with a separate project. It doesn’t solve the other problem though.

Not sure it’s a good practice to have 2 Blocs apps open at same time. Back in September I asked about some problems I noticed having two different Blocs apps (3.3 and 3.4b5) open at same tie and Norm gave following response.

It’ll be an issue with having both apps open. They share a lot and the architecture
of Blocs is not currently designed for multiple windows.

Original post is here:

http://forum.blocsapp.com/t/blocs-3-4-beta-build-5/8194/4

I’ve tried to copy a Bloc, a Bric and an Element and so far have not been able to achieve the impossible. If anyone figures it out we all would love to know. @Norm is a genius, so he probably knows how. :wink:

Just save a custom bloc with the items you want inside and then it is available in the other project.

3 Likes

As @Flashman says. Best thing to do. That way you also build up a library of resources for future builds.

Okay that sounds good @Flashman. I love the idea to build my library. Are there any written instructions or videos on how to save a Custom Bloc?

https://help.blocsapp.com/knowledge-base/custom-blocs/

1 Like

It’s that easy. :smile: Thanks for replying with that link.