Multiple videos in a single player

If you have Hype 3, I can post you the project file - it’s very simple to implement in Blocs.

I have 3.6.7, but not the professional version. I would be curious to see, even just as an example of how Hype works, since I have zero hands on experience.

I’ve just checked and I first purchased Hype 1.5.2 in 2012, then upgraded about a year later and never once used it. For some reason it’s always been on the “To Do” list without ever progressing beyond that.

@Flashman Attached is a zip containing the hype file and a pdf which explains how the player is put together. Note: the hype file was created in the Pro version. I understand that this can be opened in the standard version but cannot be saved - you’ll have to save a new version in the standard format. Fortunately, there are no features in the project file that use any of the Pro functions, so it should work for you.

It should also be noted that the Javascript and html elements could be added directly into Blocs, but I don’t know how you would make the scrolling list and call the javascript function without some additional coding - Hype makes this simple so I decided to stay with it.

vidPlaylist.zip (267.7 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you I shall take a look at this in the morning. I know there is a lot that can be done with Hype and some people are doing some amazing things with it. Out of curiosity do you think the professional version is a lot better?

I got the pro version primarily because of it’s responsive design capabilities. It has various breakpoints built in for most common devices and it’s very simple to add device layouts. Once added, you just rearrange the content to suit the device. The symbols option is also very useful. Essentially, it allow you to create an animation then group it as a self contained symbol that runs independently of any other time lines in the project (a sort of animation within an animation feature). So, although it’s double the price of the standard version, I think it’s well worth the money, but only if you really get into the app and use it a lot.

1 Like