My Blocs went missing on the Tree panel

i think is use mouse to drag and drop the elements inside the footer blocs corrupt it and make it somewhat disappear.

Perhaps the dragging should be disallow?

I have the same issue and it happens very often.
If I click on element in different bloc the element is highlighted also in three. But in missing bloc there is no highlighting in the three if I click on a element.

Restarting the app worked for me

It worked for me also, but after upgrade to 3.0.3 version it doesn’t :-(. I have restarted the app many times and I also to try open project on different mac and the bloc is still missing.

I have this problem too. My Bloc is missing and the only way to get it back is to go back to a backup copy and lose loads of work

Send me the project via a forum DM the tree is still learning some layouts and occasionally doesn’t understand the layout. I can fix this.

Hi @Norm

Just a quick note to say that I believe this happens when duplicating Blocs. I know it has already been reported and I think you have already corrected this but do not remember if its in a beta or already in production.

MDS

I also had this same issue!!

after starting a new project the tree works again, but if you reopen the old project the will remain gone. Think it saves within the project somehow

I also had this problem using Blocs 3.1.1. I submitted a bug report.

I also had this problem on Blocs 3.1.1 and 3.1.2. Recovered from a backup to resolve… Not sure what caused this???

Norm is aware of the problem and looking at it. I’m thinking maybe adding features/elements in a certain sequence or manipulating layer tree in a certain way could cause this. Maybe a fix in 3.2? Until then, probably best to keep an eye on layer tree while building up or modifying your web pages and if you notice a layer tree problem, then do “Undo(s)” until tree is back to normal. Then carefully re-add whatever elements need to be added while watching layer tree. You might need to try re-adding or manipulating elements in a different way to bypass problem. That’s what I did to get past problems I encountered. Like you did, maintaining backups is also a good way to recover if encounter a problem. Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Fix is coming. It’ll probably land early next week with 3.2 beta build 2 :+1:

Duplicating pages definitely causes the issue too. Be great to have a fix for this

Norm will the fix not only prevent it from occurring but also recover the missing blocs in the navigation tree of a broken Blocs Project?

Thanks for all you work…

As of now I am also having this problem. 2 Blocs completely disappeared from the Layer Navigator. It’s frustrating to use a great software thats still in it’s baby shoes.

you tried the beta for 3.2 on this?

No why, should I? this is a production site

here’s a screencast: https://www.useloom.com/share/46f51fcf9a844064ba11a7bf01354dcd

I have given up, and am getting to the point where I can’t trust Blocs … sorry. I need to stay productive, and it’s just not happening right now …

If you want I’ll be glad to mail you the .blocs file

The beta contains lots of fixes for things like this, but we test them for a number fo weeks before they go live. The beta is open to all Blocs users.

Take a look at the fixes, there are a few for the layer tree.

• Fixed various issues that caused missing sections in layer tree.

Hi Norm, I would be glad to try the Beta but I was put off by this text: “don’t use this version for mission critical projects.” How stable is the Beta?

As long as you keep backups of your projects the beta tends to be fine.

The beta also runs along side the normal version of Blocs, so you don’t need to replace your entire workflow.

Just download it, open your project in this version see if its fixed and let me know, if you intend to work with the beta just work with backups of projects incase they become broke (which is very rare).