My New redesigned website!

You can post it. It doesn’t bother me. I still have work to do on it, so all feedback and criticism is helpful. I never said it was going to be perfection

I know a number of people were quite enthusiastic about the new website, but I think it has some problems that mean that your business won’t profit from it as much as it should.

First of all I’d say that your FB account is better at selling your services than your website is. Because…

… it shows real world installations and customers
… it shows recent customers
… it engages more with the potential customer
… the FB page is light, not a foreboding dark colour
… the FB does not have a multicolour scheme.

I don’t know why you have the neon colours, but they don’t inspire professional confidence. I’m sure from your FB page that you do a great job, but the multicolour scheme doesn’t show that professionalism. You may not be a “web professional” but people will take that first impression from your site - the colours aren’t good.

Dark background websites can be very classy and induce a mood sympathetic to the page subject, but all too often they can come across as a failed attempt at “classy” and induce a downbeat vibe when usually the page should be instilling a positive confident and vibe. I think the dark background works against you.

Of course, this could just be my opinion, but it’s not: https://www.websitebuilderexpert.com/how-to-choose-color-for-your-website/

The first thing that the user sees when visiting the page is the NEON business title with a load of social media icons. Why are those the most important thing on your page?

If you look at web pages there’s the concept of the “hero” image and indeed blosapp supports these and you’ll see that the hero blocs also include navigation and the company logo/name. This is not by chance.

The hero image is designed to draw the visitor in, getting the essential message about the company across as soon as the visitor goes to the page. It’s usually a bold picture that supports a strong message and tagline. It can inspire the visitor and make them want to explore the website further. I guess that’s why it’s a hero.

You don’t have to have a hero image, but that first section of the web page is VERY important it’s what makes the visitor decide to explore further (or not). The top part of the page is often referred to as being “above the fold” and it’s what a newspaper reader would see if they folded the paper. They would see the headlines that encourage you to buy and read the paper.

That hook to catch visitors is non-existent if you don’t have something interesting to catch attention.

Again, it’s not just me: Above the fold: How to build user-friendly websites

As a potential customer - I want to know that you are competent and professional. I want to know that you understand my problem and have a solution that helps me. I want you to make me believe that you will do a good job. Only then do I want to know why the doors are good quality and where your branches are.

If you want to convince me about your skills I want to see real installations (like your FB page), I don’t want to look at cartoon pictures with a price underneath.

I work freelance. My first job is not telling potential clients how much my services cost. My first job is to make them want me to work for them.

In your case I’d reduce the “Argos catalogue” listing of doors and prices. I think it’s better that you engage the customer enough to call you so that gives you the opportunity to inspire confidence and then perhaps arrange a visit. If you want to present your full catalogue online do it after collecting their email address and email them a PDF or a link. Then you have a way of following up the enquiry.

Your biggest asset right now is the FB page. You need some blurb with a link to that page (not just the button you have now ).

I realise you are more a tradesman than a salesman, but you are trying to sell, however you want to look at it.

Something you should address immediately: A testimonial letter - it’s way out of date, FOUR years old! It is also a very bad practice to give away the name and address details of a customer that has written to you. They may be happy to show their testimonial, but NEVER the home address details.

I’ll stop there.

Check out some rivals:

http://www.randawindows.co.uk/index.html

2 Likes

Edited Post:

Appreciate the comments and I’ll take them on board.

1 Like