Need to find regions of visitors on a 3hr stream

Hi all,

I have a website I am designing, there will be 3 live stream pages.

English
German
French

The client has asked they want to find out the regions of all visitors per page/stream - so want to see how many French, German or any other countries are visiting the English stream…and German and French stream.

So basically need region of all users per stream!

Is this possible?

Not tried this. Immediate thought is geolocation with a redirect to separate subdomains for each language or a main page with an option to choose a page for the desired language, which would be the simpler option. You could also send out all three links and just let them choose from the email. Web stat analytics will tell you how many users per stream.

Could you have a single page with three links underneath allowing the visitor to choose the stream of their choice that fits in the same player?

1 Like

I would put each stream on its own page and use php and a service like

or

or

to find out the data. The information about the country should be eaxct enough, with the place there are already differences with the services.
I query a whole series and that gives a good picture. As long as the requests exceed certain limits, it costs little or nothing

1 Like

Yes, this is possible.

Personally, I would make a page per stream/language and add a different tracking code to each page, separating the stats per stream/language.

Additionally, you could also use an .htaccess to detect the browser language and auto-redirect the visitor to the correct stream for their language.
A good example of such an implementation can be seen here: Detect browser language and redirect to appropriate language version of the website · GitHub

4 Likes

Very cool idea @brechtryckaert

1 Like

Would something like statcounter not do this or am I making it all too simplified? I apologise if I am.

We use statcounter to find out where our visitors and potential clients are from on an almost real time basis.

1 Like

Hey everyone - thank you all so so much ! I am back the weekend after my event and I will sit through all these and get some info over to my client after a few little texts.

Thank you all

1 Like