New Blocs + Hype3 built website - Wayne Thomas Experience Architecture.™

HTML5, CSS, Canvas, SVG, etc., and onward is what Greensock’s GSAP is capable of, its pretty all encompassing for anything on your pages. I would agree with @Buzz that for immersive engaging site experiences GSAP is towards the forefront of what is being leveraged by most sites.

But as you yourself also stated, I would agree for those with no experience with JS scripting, it may be much more challenging to approach and use with the absence of a GUI and the need for a code editor. The same goes for CSS animation, you can do amazing stuff nowadays with CSS alone (or coupled with minimal JS) if you have an in-depth understanding of the principles.

I’ve watched Hype, and I continue to keep an eye on it while considering buying it, while waiting to see what version 4 will bring. I see where you can add in JS libraries, with some doing so with GSAP.

I actually think it would be wise for Tumult to consider integrating GSAP support directly in the app. The correlation and association of having a GUI for GSAP would certainly drive massive traffic to HYPE. I think the performance and capabilities would likewise benefit Hype.

@hendon52, Regarding Hype – do you know where I can see examples of immersive responsive sites built with Hype? I can’t seem to find any comparable to what can be achieved with GSAP. I’ve looked at the main Hype sites Gallery and Showcase and also the HypeDocs site, etc. Thanks in advance for any others you are aware of, or specific examples.

1 Like

^ @hendon52, would still love to hear your input as mentioned above, since you are a Hype user, thanks.