New Bric: DeSpam

I have seen any change in speed, it’s usually around 5 seconds or so for me. I’d assume if you had more Brics, it would take longer to check each update.

Mine usually takes a few minutes now. It would be helpful if I could identify the laggard(s).

Many thanks for this Bric, really easy to set up. I’m creating a site with 2 forms on separate pages. I have no problems in setting up one of the DeSpam brics and all seems to work great. However, including the bric on the second form, it does not appear. Is it a case that it is one DeSPam bric per site?
F

inally I’m getting some odd question marks appearing when looking online (I’m not modifying anything on the bric except the standard settings). See below screenshots of the site online and the code, not sure why this is happening.

as always any help is appreciated

Many thanks

John

Just to add and update. I was extremely impressed with @Bill who kindly offered a video call and was able to go through some troubleshooting with what I was doing and also supply a number of options within the code. Im still tinkering so will let you guys know, but the service offered by Bill was tremendous and I certainly learned a lot in my growing thirst for all things blocs. Cheers @Bill

2 Likes

@Bill is this working now or should we wait for the next release Blocs?

@KBConcepts

DeSpam should work fine - Upgrade via the Extension Manager

John just wanted to use it on multiple pages - an update will be along late next month to remedy that as well.

Bill
BricsDesign

1 Like

Hi All,

Just updated DeSpam to v1.2.0

• Added support for placement on multiple pages
  • After setup, page will automatically load a fresh uncached version after 5 seconds
  • Removed preview alert after setup

If you want to get away from annoying captions for form submittals & make it easy for your visitors, while getting the most secure protection against spam bots, then DeSpam is it !

Bill
BricsDesign

4 Likes

@Bill

I think it’s the best :ok_hand:

Hi Everyone !

Just updated DeSpam to v1.2.1

• On mobile devices while dragging, a copy of the selected shape now moves with a finger drag
  • Direction Text Min/Max controls changed to text inputs
  • Updated page resizing to minimize jumpiness when scrolling
  • Updated shape background heights to be uniform on smaller device widths

Protect your forms against spam bots - Try DeSpam

Thanks,

Bill
BricsDesign

5 Likes

Hi Everyone !

Just updated DeSpam to v1.2.2

• Removed page resizing while keeping form inputs after page refresh

Cutting edge spam bot protection - Try DeSpam

4 Likes

Hi @Bill! DeSpam looks to be a very useful and interesting Bric.

Do you have any plans to make it a bit more accessible as drag & drop is a pretty complex operation for some and on Safari for iOS it’s a semi-unusual look and feel.

Maybe something that is click/tap based or some other mechanism? Not that reCAPTCHA is a panacea, but maybe allow for another DeSpam mode where you recreate the reCAPTCHA 3x3 grid and you need to tap on all squares of a certain shape?

Thanks for the suggestion Patrick - DeSpam solves two big problems:

• allows a single interaction, ie no forcing annoying many-step processes to submit a form
  • stops bots programmatically interfacing w/ elements as physical interaction & shape recognition is required, which bots can’t do

I wrestled with this a lot & understand selecting groups of elements could work but it would bring back problem #1 and require significant work & I want to make this available to the community at a low cost.

Bill
BricsDesign

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Just updated DeSpam to v1.2.3

• Added version number in edit window
  • Updated js/css templates to be called by projectResource to eliminate duplicates

Thanks,

Bill
BricsDesign

4 Likes

Are there any issues with DeSpam Bric with Blocs 5.2r?
I would like to use this for a project.

I use it on all projects with no issues.
If you used a previous version you probably should remove the old bric and implement the new bric.
Also you could remove the despam .js and .css files. (just a precaution)

@KBConcepts Should be fine w/ a fresh install.

Bill
BricsDesign