New bric - Owl Carousel

Hey @Lucas

When I view a page on a site that I’ve incorporated your Owl Carousel into, the address / search bar shows the name of the slide currently being loaded / displayed on the page, e.g:

websiteurlname/#slide-1

Is there any way to disable this from being visible? It makes trying to enter the URL for other pages on the site really difficult.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hey @DerekDigital,

Looks like this is the way this carousel works, I’m using the original script on the carousel implementing the URL Hash method as shown here: Url Hash Navigation Demo | Owl Carousel | 2.3.4

Cheers,
Lucas

Thank-you for the information @Lucas.

It is a shame that your carousel creates this effect. It makes navigating to a Volt CMS log-in page very difficult for clients, when I have added your Owl Carousel to their home page.

I will need to use this bric with more care in future.

I seem to have found another incompatibility problem @Lucas, that your Owl Carousel is having with @Jannis Volt CMS.

When I add an animation effect to a Volt Content bric, the continual updating of the URL in the address / search bar from the Owl Carousel seems to stop the animated content from loading correctly.

It’s like trying to get to access the Volt CMS log in page. Very hit and miss. I’ve removed the animation from the hero panel on the side I’m redeveloping for the time being.

I guess this is related to the fact that Volt currently loads the content with JavaScript on client side.

I will add an option for 1.4 where you are able to load all data with PHP server side.

2 Likes

That sounds good @Jannis. Thank-you.

Video

Without owl, fade in works

It doesn’t work with owl

WHY?

Couldn’t get the change by the video, but will keep as eye on it maybe I could reproduce an issue here.

I can’t do anything with owl carousel, if fadein no longer works :frowning:

Fade In no works

Apply the fade-ins to the columns and rows, rather then directly at the brics.

Same Problem.
Fade In no works with OWL Carousel

Must be something on your side, fades work as expected. As I wrote on a previous message, apply the fades to the columns and rows rather than at the brics.

This is Scroll FX Fade in.
Try Animation -> Style -> Fade In

Hi @Amir1983 I have tried what you are trying to do and you are right, this does not work.

It works how @Lucas has done this on Scroll FX.

Sometimes brics can conflict or something can not work in some areas…nothing that Lucas or Blocs has done wrong as they both are brilliant…they are just like friends who do not talk!

I have tried this with the brilliant Scroll FX extras that is in the Blocs store by @Whittfield - and I know its not the answer to buy another bric to make another work, BUT both the bric from @lucas and @Whittfield work to perfection, and if this gets you the result you are looking for - then this could be the answer.

The scroll FX bric brings a whole new level of control and its saved me on several issues I had with the standard scroll FX not behaving !! and the FX Extras bric got me out of jail.

3 Likes