New bric - Search

Search is a static site search bric made for small to medium websites. It’s responsive and fast. Search doesn’t need a database like MySQL or similar. It doesn’t even need a web server.

It can be previewed locally from Blocs to a browser and the results can be shown on the same page or on a separate results page within the project.

Video - Getting started

Search bric also comes bundled with the Renew project, a ready-to-use project for a maintenance industry (all assets are included).

Preview Search bric and Renew project:
http://www.weaverskingdom.com/preview/brics/renew/index.html

Purchase link:

9 Likes

@Lucas do you have a Promo for this hehe :wink:

No promo, but thanks for asking :grinning:

1 Like

Luca – Your work is excellent! Great design, great details, great videos. Makes my hopeful for the future of blocs.

1 Like

Thanks @DanielF appreciate your kind words :grinning:

New version 1.1 released today, including replace words. This was something missing from the previous release and it’s used to replace frequently misspelled searches on your site.

I’ve already implemented just a few items at the demo: try typing tol instead of tools or hamer instead of hammer, plie instead of plier or dew instead of dewalt etc.

It goes without saying that an unlimited number of replace words can be added, so to make your search engine as intelligent as possible.

Demo here (refresh the page):
http://www.weaverskingdom.com/preview/brics/renew/index.html

Enjoy :grinning:

Does anyone have another demo page out there that doesn’t restrict our test searches so severely? I would like to be able to type any word that appears in the site and see how well it is detected by search, using whole, partial and misspelled variants. I can test using Lucas’ demo site, but only for the specific “tool” that seem to be preprogrammed into the search feature.

Thanks.

Since this is for static sites there is no database, the way it works is different than you expect.

You will create the content through the plugin. Add a title, short description, image (optional) and link. These items get searched. Anything not added through the plugin does not get searched. It wouldn’t pick up on random words on the page. The are entered through the plugin.

try typing hamer instead of hammer, plie instead of plier or dew instead of dewalt.

Exactly, whereas n the Search bric the list is created in the sidebar just like I demonstrated in the video.

1 Like

Hi Lucas,
I checked your search engine bric…looks cool and price is not bad
I would like to know for which version of Blocs is made…2.5 and higher?

Yep 2.5 and higher, plus it works in Blocs 3 as well :wink:

2 Likes

:+1: awesome, thanks

@Lucas, I had another look at the video in your opening post again today, since I’ve still not decided upon a good search solution for my Blocs 3 website. It seems the solution offered does NOT index an existing site, right? From what I see in your video, it seems we would need to type in keywords and link up the individual pages ourselves, right? And I would assume that is why you say it is for “small to medium size websites,” because such a job is rather bothersome and time consuming, correct?

Thanks,

James W.

Hi @Lucas
I’m off to buy the Owl bric and saw the Search bric soon.

1. Does the Owl bric add hidden image tags ( i.e. blue, fast, car)?
  2. Does the Search bric search these image tags (i.e. Search for "fast)?
  3. Does the purchase include future updates?
  4. If I purchase the bundle, what is planned for release in the next 12 months?
    Thanks, Andy

To your questions:

1. If you mean ALT tags yes.
  2. Search will work with entries, it will not auto-search image tags. However we can manually add tags related to images and links to that images will be displayed on search results.
  3. Yes.
  4. Nothing specific is planned right now, but I will eventually release more brics and these will be included in the bundle.

In fact the last question is a good one, I’m thinking about starting a subscription program so for one year you’d have access to all new stuff for a small fee.

:wink:

1 Like

Hi.
Thanks for the reply.
That’s all clear thanks.
I don’t think I can spend time entering detail tags for say 200 images and then making them searchable.
Also (just as a general rule) I very much dislike ongoing subscriptions for features, improvements and addons. As with Blocs itself, I prefer to pay one cost upfront and understand what I have.
If @Norm ran Blocs on this basis I would have a very different attitude to the app development, evolution and beta tests. In fact I wouldn’t pay to watch it change knowing another is just around the corner. I would only pay when I needed to use it at any point in time.
My thought is; hear a song, buy a song, own a song then buy the next one if I like it, not pay streaming subscriptions, hear the song, stop paying after a year and be left with nothing. I know this is not ‘on trend’ but that’s my approach.

This is not a criticism but ‘client feedback’.
I will be purchasing Owl, but I won’t be paying an ongoing fee to watch what happens.
Thanks for answering though. I know with time I could work it out but you have done a great job doing the work for me. Money well spent.
Thanks, Andy

2 Likes