New Bric: Tab Anything

A question was asked about why I used ID’s. I used them because they should be unique and Blocs will warn if you try to use them multiple times. I’m leveraging this behavior as a feature in Tab Anything :wink:

3 Likes

Nice one - I’ll have a look shortly.

@Whittfield will all these brics have live demo pages too with for example various examples of the brics working?

Hey @AdieJAM, I should have the demos files that were created for this video online late today or tomorrow.

2 Likes

Brilliant - nice one.
No rush, just I like to see things working.

You offer great support and come here to explain things - but my main gripe with the blocs store is so many brics have a header of what they are and no instruction, no demo page and no video…all the hard work people do to make these brics and then don’t do the easy work to make the sell.

Some great brics you have made - thanks for supporting blocs and making our lives easier!

Making good documentation is always harder than it sounds. But I’m pretty determined to get it right so please bar with me. :smile:

I also think the ideas of how and when to use these brics are as important as the tool itself. after all we are designers too. So look out for more topics around using these tools to put out outstanding work!

2 Likes

Instant purchase for me after seeing the video. Also bought the media enquiry bric.

Now I have to put these to work :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks @Flashman,

I’m working on a video for Media Query as well. Stay tuned!

Thanks for your support!

2 Likes

Great video!!! This will be really useful for a few things I want to do.

I would like to see option of a few more tabs, 5 would be a nice limit.

But great bric - amazing!

2 Likes

Wow, this is a fantastic bric @Whittfield.

I have purchased. Thank you for adding such useful Brics.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention it in the video, but the little index icon turns yellow when you have the mobile dropdown active. By default it’s light gray. The icon system helps to keep track of the targets and button-groups (that is in the video). They never show in the publish or preview, and you can optionally hide them from the Blocs interface as needed.

3 Likes

@Whittfield great job…I now see clearly the features and what the bric can do. I must say its even beyond my initial thoughts. So please always have demo pages and videos, it goes a long way. Congrats on such a great bric :clap:

2 Likes

Purchased. This bric is awesome! Thanks @Whittfield.

2 Likes

Thanks for the video, I hope you make a video for all your custom blocs.

@Whittfield Tab Anything rocks…
When Blocs first introduced tabs I really dug in and tried to learn everything I could. I made several nice things…but it was very time consuming and hard to duplicate. Love the image choice, something a lot of users have been asking for.

Tab Anything is unbelievable easy, and fast to set up. I know a lot of your custom work came from you wanting features that were available but took some time and knowledge to make look good. What I like the best about your work is the attention to detail. In Tabs Anything, being able to add padding, I styled my button text and noticed it was not centered correctly, yes there’s an area to adjust it.

I personally feel that you taking the time to give the user premium products justifies your pricing model.

Thank You
Casey

1 Like

I totally agree with 5 tabs as the minimum limit! Great bric, but 3 is insufficient for my needs.

2 Likes

I think it would be nice to add as many tabs as you would like? I have tabbed content for a calendar. I needed 12 for that. I think in most instances 3 is enough, but even using the example for image gallery three is just not enough. It limits your gallery.

With that said, it’s still great and worth the price. Hopefully, @Whittfield will shed some light on adding more?

Casey

1 Like

@casey1823

A couple things, real pagination is different than Tab Anything and it would be wrong of me to lead folks to believe otherwise. Pagination as you and others describe is actually much different than what Tab Anything aims to be. It’s probably never going to be more than the world’s strongest button group. :muscle:t5:

That said, I have been inspired to maybe create a pagination system that meets the requirements something like that should have.

One tool is Marketing and design focused, while the other would be SEO and usability focused. It might be tough to wrap your heads about at first but when you compare the two projects you’d easily be able to tell they are not for the same purpose.

1 Like

Thanks for clearing that up. I’d be happy with just a few more worlds strongest buttons?
:joy:

Casey

Go on, make it 5!! :money_mouth_face:
Or 12 for @casey1823 lol

Hey @casey1823,

Versioning things out in bric builder is a decent lift right now. Norm is working on improving that. Once that stabilizes I will reconsider.

I just can’t make any promises, I hope you understand :innocent:

Funny, if I had made it a toggle I’m guessing people would be less likely to think there was some intention of this not being a typical button group. :wink:

I guess it’s natural to want more of a good thing right?

Thank You, I appreciate that.

Casey

2 Likes