New Site incorporating Volt CMS and an Ecwid Store

For the past 12 months I’ve been working on [gawr-juhs] art – a spin-off division of my design business. Through this I’m primarily creating art, t-shirts and greetings cards for the LGBT+ communities and our allies. Perhaps this year isn’t the best to start something brand new, but I was so far down the road with product development, that it seemed silly not to launch it – which I did on Thursday, 01 October 2020.

The reason why I’m highlighting this site to you is because it was built with Blocs, contains an Ecwid Shop, and uses Volt CMS. So if you are looking for an example of site, to show a client, that contains all these elements, then here is one. I’m super-happy with how it looks, and judging from the feedback I’ve had already from new customers, so are they!

The Ecwid script, that I added to the Blocs file, picked up the design template of my site and uses my typographic styles perfectly. @Jannis has provided me with amazing customer support with his Volt CMS product. And @Eldar managed to resolve an issue I had with a testimonial carousel. Many thanks to all for your assistance. It’s greatly appreciated.

7 Likes

Excellent. Looks great.
You’re on a winner there, and yes, 3 great products, Blocs , Ecwid and Volt, working together seamlessly.

3 Likes

Excellent job on the site and shop. Love the color palette.

1 Like

Thank-you @TrevReav

Yes, very happy that all three products integrate so well with one another. I feel this is a very smart solution that I can offer my corporate clients now too!

3 Likes

Thanks @brechtryckaert. As my primary branding and site uses a predominantly grey/silver colour palette, it made sense to go with a gold/bronze one for the spin-off division.

Love the colors too :rainbow: :heart:

1 Like

Hi Derek nice site, may i ask if its not much trouble, how did you get the store, I have been trying something out on mine but its taking too long, currently I am using PayPal code www.jacephotos.co.uk its pretty simple site

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Mario346. Thanks for the compliment. It’s much appreciated.

I signed up with Ecwid, who provide the online store facility for me. They generated the code for the store, which I added to my Blocs site, using the Code Bric placed into a Structure 1 Column Bloc.

The design and layout of the shop, and payment options are all done in the Ecwid control panel, and this filters through to the site.

It was super-quick to set up, and link my PayPal account to. I also signed up with SquareUp, so that I can take credit card, Apple Pay and Google Pay payments too. Of course everyone takes their cut from the transaction, but I built that into my product pricing model before I started.

Hope that helps. Come back to me if you have additional questions. I’m always happy to share knowledge.

1 Like

Its a great site you have there - really nice and love the design, colours used etc.

As a huge golfer myself, i LOVE the St Andrews Pride one you have!

Nice work

1 Like

Thanks @AdieJam, that’s very kind of you to say so.

I can create versions of my posters without the pride elements too. If there is a demand for them! :wink:

And yes! I know there’s a typo in the footer. I’m a graphics guy, so can’t spell at all :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like