Thanks.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

MDS

Hi Tom2

Has now been corrected.

Thanks again.

MDS

Hey @MDS

I am based in New Zealand. These are results I see. A cleared cache load of the page is massive, after the initial load, with cache the page is only a few seconds. Nearly 70 seconds of hang time,

Hi Pete

Yep - I going to reduce the number of pictures in the Swiper - There were 12-13 and probably that does note make sense. Will reduce to 5-6 and try to get a better optimisation of the pics.

Will see if that helps a bit…

Thanks

MDS

It is interesting. I’m not an expert in analysing those stats, but it appears to me, my issue is related to the server reaching me. Being a local site, the main thing is it works for you I guess.

Hi Pete

Indeed, it is strange because depending on the location/country, people have very different load times. That said I’ll keep on working to get this page better optimised I guess.

Thanks
MDS

1 Like

If you use Ecwid, then I assume that you will give the client the log in credentials of Ecwid plus the client needs to open a payment system (there are many suggested and work together with Ecwid), as it requires the client’s banking details. The reason for giving the client the login details is, that the client can load up images and change the articles, descriptions and shopping conditions themselves within the Ecwid store (and not in Blocs). If the Ecwid store is embedded in Blocs then the website user does not see the actual Ecwid store but all the data is brought in from the store. This even works if the Blocs website is not a SSL certified site (of course a SSL website is better), because the actual sales and database work is done within the Ecwid store. Ecwid just provides the code to embed into Blocs. And it works fine.
Problems might cause the payment system company, because they check the client’s credit ratings and have to approve the client.

The advantage of the Ecwid store as opposed to other stores is, that for small businesses that can’t predict a proper sales demand, Ecwid charges per sold item and not a monthly fee. If the sales are slow respectively low in quantity in the beginning than this option is quite suitable. If the sales goes large than an other store with a monthly subscription might turn our better in a calculation. The first 5 sales items are free of charge by Ecwid.

Now that is some cool data! Is that software or a website?

@KBConcepts

Safari Dev tools, its built in.

Its turned off by default. In Safari Prefs - >. Advanced Tab -> Tick Show Develop menu in toolbar

1 Like

@StFoldex Thanks for the information. I have no direct experience as yet with Ecwid, but a Wordpress designer I know recently spoke in glowing terms about how it easy it was to implement and said it would be his automatic choice now for e-commerce sites.

I need to investigate this as an option fairly soon, not least because one of my clients that sells through retail distributors is thinking of changing business model to sell direct online and they also want blog functionality, so there is a lot to consider. It would be really good if I could just adapt the existing site to use Volt with a blog and allow the customer to sell products this way.

Thanks my friend :smile:

I use the inspector all the time, you add/modify/find CSS to test.

It is not uncommon to experience some latency issues that could add a second or two when dealing with sites on the other side of the world, but if your data centre is in Switzerland I would not expect massive differences around Europe, unless there is poor connectivity in the web host’s network or some kind of temporary network issue along the route. Sometimes you may find servers on cheap shared packages prone to performance issues due to overcrowding.

1 Like

It doesn’t seem to like New Zealand. :pleading_face:

I do like the water colour images (though I am not a fan of cats) but I dislike the white text rolling over it. It is really difficult to read, even with the shadow.

In the cards (gallery —> Shows) the buttons are not translated.

Less than half screen the Navigation becomes two lines, but maybe this is intentional (see screenshot).

Too far away… maybe

Indeed. @Flashman also mentioned this.

To be honest I have since tried many different colours, with and without shadows. The outcome is that no colours actually looks nice or works and I believe this is due to the many different colours that are in the watercolour picture. Finally changed the whole thing… LOL

With respect to the double menu line, it looks like your window is just between changing from the normal menu to the hamburger one. If you decrease the size a little further it should switch to the hamburger.

Oups looks like that translation did not get…something.

Many thanks

MDS

1 Like