New Website hatfieldhomesmichigan.com

I really was not looking to build any more sites as we were wintering in Texas but a good friend called and she had been wanting a website. She had all the info I needed so I went ahead a did the site for her. Nothing special, just trying to make a clean-looking site. Comments always welcomed.

https://hatfieldhomesmichigan.com

Casey

3 Likes

That’s the way to do a modern website.
Clean design, a few animations - perfect.
I love it.

Looks very good on iphone. I like it!

Not much wrong with that one on desktop when I checked. If I was really nit picking I would be inclined to soften the colours of the phone and email icons etc in the navigation menu. Perhaps a half way point between what you have at present and the grey text.

I cannot imagine a client having all the info needed. That would be such a strangely welcome experience.

Thanks Bootsie.

Casey

Thank you, it’s so important to make it look good on the mobile side.

Casey

Thanks for your input, @Flashman. I know the site has a soft feel to it and I thought the icons brought a little more color. The client liked it so I’m happy. Yes, it’s so rare for the client to have everything you need. We decided on the pages she needed and the next day she supplied about 90% of the content. Once she saw it on the website she tweaked to text a little. How many times have you waited for content? Me, most of the time.

Casey

Content delays can become absurd, so having 90% of it in a day is amazing, though it should be normal. Imagine booking a planned car service and then delivering the vehicle in small parts over months, following long emails and phone conversations, including changes of plan.

Sadly, it’s not unusual to find jobs that could be done in a week, yet dragged out for months waiting for content and I usually find it has to be completely rewritten when it does arrive or images are unusable.

Right now I have two jobs being held up because they need photography done and they are not allowing access due to the lockdown, which is therefore holding up everything.

I’ve had the same thing happen many times. I’m surprised that they won’t let someone in just to do photography.

Casey

The social buttons in the navigation bar would look a little more subtle if they were of a uniform color (like the navigation links, maybe the colored version just on hover). Otherwise nice site.

1 Like

One is a care home for the elderly, so there are major restrictions due to covid, even though they’ve all had at least one vaccination. The other is a family owned bed & breakfast and they cannot yet open for visitors, so they have also delayed redecorating and it all has a knock on effect. Originally it was all supposed to be ready by the end of December.

2 Likes