New Website With Blocs V4

Hi guys,

Just thought I’d share my efforts on building a website, which I’ve completed with Blocs V4.

Please note, I’m not in any shape or form a web designer and there’s probably loads of things wrong with it. It’s something I’ve had to do myself because the funds didn’t allow for a professional, so please be kind with any critique lol.

As you’ll see it’s a pretty basic design (I’m a basic kinda guy) and I’m still working through typo’s etc @norm can we get a spell check??

Thanks in advance, I’ve loved with working with Blocs especially V4.

8 Likes

Very clean and nice! I don’t like how Lazy Loading makes it look a bit jumpy, but overall good work!

1 Like

Thanks Eldar, it was with your courses I got through this lol. I think it takes a little time to cache at the CDN, it creates new image sizes depending on the device size and resolution.

I’ve been tweaking the site over the last couple of days and managed to get to the bottom of some of the glitches experienced.

In short, Cloudflare Rocket Loader, breaks loads of things; including delayed loading of images, intermittent stalling of the Ecwid store and preventing the crisp chat box from loading.

I also had some duplicated header/footer code from a small bug in v4, now all fixed in the latest update, thanks Norm!

Thanks to all those who’ve checked out the site so far :slight_smile:

Cool. I am still seeing the effect when I scroll to the page, see just the text first, and then images appear in a second or so. I have fast internet connection. Just out of curiosity, are you using Lazy Loading on your site right now?

Hi Eldar,

Yes, there’s lot of lazy loading via a service called sirv, from what I can gather the first time you load the site outside of the UK there will be a delay until the images are cached on the nearest cdn server.

Are you scrolling down quickly or at a reading pace?

Initially I had all the panels set up as background images via a custom class with plain text overlaid, but was too slow loading.

I’m still tweaking though.

To me a site like this proves two things. A well structured site with good images works every time and how a relative “non professional” (no disrespect intended) can, with the power and simplicity of BLOCS, produce a first class website in just a few days. And if more proof is needed, me, a snack on bacon sandwiches kind of guy, placed an order!!
Congratulations @DaveC a job well done.

4 Likes

Thanks David, you’re a scholar and a gent! Your order is much valued and appreciated.

You’ve certainly not jumped the gun, we’ve now sold a few hundred pouches since the 1st of December. Glad you liked the simple nature of our site, thanks again :slight_smile:

nice site not a problem with the lazy loading as far as I am concerned

I like the shop, how did you do that?

Hi Mario, I used Ecwid. Really easy to implement, simply embed their code snippet.

thank you DaveC is it free

They do a free option which looks very usuable :+1:

I really like the slight animation on the red buttons. It works particularly well when viewing on a mobile.

1 Like

Thanks Reg