Not so important: Matter of taste/usability: showing the word „Home“ in Nav Menu? yes/no?

As a general thought:
Do you hide the word „Home“ from your menus and just make the logo clickable and linked to the home page?
I think it’s more beautiful without „Home“.
However, I wonder about general usability… :thinking:
What are your thoughts on this?

For me, it depends on what kind of website it is. If the ‘Home’ page has some sections which are integral parts of navigation of the website, I would put it in the menu. But, many times, home page is just a page I want people to see once. In this case, I would leave it out of the menu.

And, of course, if I have too many pages as it is, I won’t be putting Home there anyway to save space.

Cheers,
Eldar

3 Likes

very good thoughts @Eldar :slight_smile:

Well, I would just like visitors to „find the way back“ to the home page as there is important content for them.
The question is: do older, non-techie people have the knowledge to click on the logo or will they fiddle around with going back because they „cannot find“ the home page again…?

I would want the website to have a modern look (without „Home“), but at the same time I don’t want people to think that it is badly done because they don’t find the „Home“ page… :roll_eyes: