Parallax upgraded too!

Just noticed Parallax is now on mobile devices!!!

Fantastic!!!

4 Likes

Hey @Norm / @Eldar,

Extending on the Parallax post.

I have a few basic sites where I have Parallax built in Blocs 3, If i open this file in Blocs 4 (will keep a backup) and then upload this to the server, will the parallax work on mobile, or will it keep the Blocs 3 settings inside? - Or I would I need to re-build this part again for the Blocs 4 to overwrite it?

They are freebie sites I have done for friends personal sites (part of my training process!!) so i guess i could play around - but just wanted to check first.

If unsure - I will try one and feed it back.

Thanks guys.

Both of you - amazing work…a few beers deserved this weekend for you both for sure!

1 Like

Yeah Blocs will migrate the parallax for you. But I recommend you test first before putting it live.

2 Likes

Thanks Norm, I will give it a spin later.

1 Like

You certainly should.

@AdieJAM Parallax on mobile had been one of most requested features. It does migrate fine but it does take the right image to look good. I find you might have to use a different image going from desktop to mobile view.

A square ratio works better, pattern and gradient images can also give a nice looking effect. When you have the right background it’s eye catching for sure.

Play around, good luck.
Casey

2 Likes

Hi @casey1823, thanks for posting.

Yeah I did a separate small image for desk top, so will adjust this for mobile.

I sent a demo out for a client the other day and they said - the picture does not move on my iPad, i explained - but he then showed me a WP page someone has and it worked on that. Now its all good !!!

So so happy with this feature.

I’ve had the same thing happen. It was a disappointment for my client. Today mobile is just as important as a desktop and having these new features really steps up the game for Blocs.

Casey

I’ve not used Parallax in Blocs before now precisely because of the mobile issue and not even wanting to explain why it wouldn’t work. Now I’ll very likely give it a go.

1 Like

I totally agree,

Mobile/tablets must be first now for everything, love it or hate it, this is the way it is - but important to focus on desktop too - its all dependant on your target audience.

I browse on my iPad pro all the time !

On my server I can see what browsers they are using and this shows iOS and on talking to the server, this covers iPad and iPhone and this is 60% of the total viewing figures when I checked last.

I have been wondering what else has changed like this that we have not been told about yet! - I wonder if Norm will do a full feature change list, of Blocs 3 vs 4 !

I think one of the BEST uses of Parallax i have seen in Blocs 4 so far is from what I think is one of his best templates to date from @Eldar and thats the coffee shop one and seeing the use of shape dividers just to add that little bit of breakup to the design.

Perfectly executed, modern design.

Shape dividers if its used right it can add a touch of elegance, drama, modern, retro, atmosphere to an already designed website and the changes are endless and bringing designers new tools to deliver a design.

I am really excited seeing what people will be developing now in Blocs 4 - What @Norm has done here, is he has unlocked the door for us to be more creative in design…and this is a brilliant thing.

1 Like

Also don’t forget Blocs V4 also has a new continuous mode for scrollFX. This makes them move seamlessly with the scroll rather than stop for a few seconds when they are on screen (like in Blocs V3).

This combined with absolute positioning gives a cool drift effect (like the store section on the new Blocs site)

6 Likes

I think the stats for a website really depends on the audience. I’ve have some sites that heavily favor mobile and other that still favor desktop\laptop.

I’ve been using Blocs from it’s first release and this one is the best yet. As I’ve been using it I find so many little refinements that can make a huge difference.

Casey

2 Likes

Yeah - I loved that effect !!! thats also on my list to try to replicate !

Guess that I can have items floating over a background image…Hmmmmmm getting me thinking here !

1 Like

Norm, please make a tutorial of this

1 Like